nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

Cleared up some already. Went to bed around 11 last night so it's up and running just have to tidy up the wires. I have one question: how can I raise the water level in the DT w/o adding more water to the sump?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Leak

Turns out it wasn't coming from the corrugated drain hose, upon a closer look it appears to be leaking from the return tube. Just found out yes that return tube actually screws out, all it needs is some Teflon tape and to be retighten. I was so upset, lol. I'm gonna be doing that now to get it going again. And then do some laundry, to wash all the bath towels I used to soak up the water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 205

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

Moving on from that leak disaster, working on the wiring. Tank has been running and now no more leaking. Side view were the overflow is located, I placed the Vortech controller there to cover the water stain.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 209

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

So far the fishes have come out to swim in their new home, and the corals are also opening up. The water has cleared up and starting to look good. Surprisingly the stressful transfer/day has not had any casualties.

I'm interested in finding a Wenge door, any clues. I tried emailing Coralvue but have received no response.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos store

Imma stop by tomorrow see if they have one in stock, I have the regular white one. It's cleared up a lot already and the sand cloudiness has decipated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 212

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos Door

Hey Francesco.mancini I'll trade the door. I can swing by today to pick it up. Full disclosure, mine has a small chip on the lower left side/opposite the hinges. I painted it white so it's no noticeable. LMK

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 198

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

Just an update, located a Silver door, ordered it today $104 + 20 shipping from Elos Studio. I finally was able to continue with the build after correcting the plumbing leak. Tank has cleared up nicely, fishes look very happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 192

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

A closer look at the service area in the stand. I modified the original Elos sump to make it more functional. The drain goes into the first small chamber where I have a 4"/200 micron sock, under the bubble trap into second chamber where I'll place a Chemipure Blue bag, then into the third chamber where I have 1 quart of Marinepure spheres, from there into the skimmer section where an AquaMaxx SC1 cone sits. The clean water goes from there to the return pump section (originally the top off section). I'm using a Jebao DC-6000 return pump w/speed controller, dead silent. Next to the sump sits an Elite Aquatics 10ga ATO acrylic container, with a Tunze ATO w/Kalk reactor. Eventually I'll place a IM reactor w/biopellets in the sump. All the wiring is gonna be zip tied together to cleanup the service area. The temp is controlled by a Teco chiller with built in UV filter and heater. I'm probably gonna place a Cobalt heater in the sump as redundancy controlled by the Reef Keeper Elite w a probe in the DT. I'm very pleased with the results so far, it's clean, and more importantly quiet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 183

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Elos 70

Picture of the chiller sitting next to the stand. It's a Teco TR-20, I like the quality of this unit and its silent when running. It has the built in heater and UV filter less wires/plugs, clutter to deal with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 183

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: