rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Heyguys what is up! first off im super excited to be back in the reef game and big shout out to Evil_demons for helping me out.

Quick background:
Use to have a 125 gallon for 5 years starting in 2009 see photo below :P,
until i had the center brace give way :( had to give it all away. after a minor break ive finally decided to come back into the marine game; lets be real you can never take the hobby out of anyone haha.

Current:
so ive been looking at BRS nuvo starter kit and really liked how iot is all set and such to start up again; issue was i wanted the lagoon 25 tank but BRS couldnt modify the order :/ which is where evil_demons came in and help purchase the nuvo 20.

so far i got the nuvo kit from BRS (great packaging) along with my RODI unit and such... only thing missing is the lagoon 25 :/ should be here tomorrow! also this tank is going in my business which im basically there all day EVERYDAY! i can actually enjoy the tank not like my 125 which i would only see it on weekends :/

thanks for checking this thread out and helping me along the way as i got some questions as i am a little rusty haha

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Tank Came Monday, been sitting on my desk awaiting water... ill post pics of RODI setup haha

again this tank is in my business, so the place i have my rodi is in a old shower located on the third floor of the facility haha

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
ever wonder why some posts about tanks being 100 years old don't get moved and have 100 or so pages and someone writes a post about they'r tank build and gets moved to the (tank threads)something's not right here.P.s. good looking tank buddy.

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The Beginning:
so as i briefly stated, for me to get my lagoon 25 i need to purchase the nuvo 20 starter kit from BRS... luckily a local member was able to help out :)

8 packages in total.. only issue.... MY LAGOON 25 WAS NOT IN DELIEVERY :( HAD TO WAIT 5 DAYS UGH

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
good new tank is in!!

quick dry run with dry rock setup

so i went a route of having sort of 5 islands... one center island.. 4 corner islands, all attached by a bridge

doing a softy only tank so i figure leathers on one side, zoas on another, xenia on another ect

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Nice start. Good luck with the build.
Btw, the tank looks really bigger than a 25 in that first FT shot.

Lol thanks bro! Do u mean the one of it on my desk? Or the very first post I out of my old tank haha that was a 125 FYI lol.

Playing the waiting game stinks! I just want me some clowns and anenome but gotta wait 6 months for the anenome haha

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Stopped by fish town usa to grab a beginner fish, tank had a very tiny spike in nitrate, everything was at zero so i figured after 3 weeks i might as well grab a cheap fish
picked up 1 fire fish, so far 4 days and hes good :)

next up, clowns and some softies

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: