Purple Bonsai

Tyree%2BPink%2BLemonade.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went bare bottom!

I finally finished going bare bottom, it took about ten 30 gallon water changes but I finally managed to remove all of the sand from my display tank. The colors have been getting better each week as well, I believe the detritus that floats around the tank due to the extra flow is helping to feed my corals.

FTS%2BSept.%2B4%2B2016.jpg

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
PAR Measurements

I borrowed an unopened Apogee MQ-500 quantum meter to test the PAR readings on both of my tanks. The metal halide bulbs on the 120 gallon are 9 months old and the T5's are and the bottom of the metal halide pendant is 9.75" above the water surface. The bulbs on the 80 gallon are 11 months old and the bottom of the Sunpower is 8.5" above the water surface.

FTS%2BSept.%2B17%2B2016%2BPAR%2BReading.jpg

FTS%2B09172016%2BPAR%2BReading.jpg

The next day I replaced both of the Hamilton 20K metal halide bulbs but kept the same T5's running. The bottom of the metal halide pendant is 9.75" above the water surface and PAR increased on average 23% versus the 9 month old metal halide bulbs. The left metal halide ballast is drawing 269 watts and the right side is drawing 257 watts.

FTS%2B09172016%2BPAR%2BReading%2B%25232.jpg

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had the pleasure of attending MACNA in San Diego this past September and entered my water sample to Aquaforest for a free ICP water testing. The water sample was collected on October 7th and the results were received on October 31st. I really like how Aquaforest tests a sample of your RO water and your tank water to see what elements are being added through your RO water before you mix the salt and other additives or food in your tank.

120 Gallon RO water test
120%2BGallon%2BRO%2BWater.jpg

120 Gallon water test
120%2BGallon%2BWater.jpg

80 Gallon RO water test
80%2BGallon%2BRO%2BWater.jpg

80 Gallon water test
80%2BGallon%2BWater.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: