underworld@hvrk

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
well I have actually had this tank set up for 7months and havent started a thread yet and figured it was about time I did. This tank actually started on accident during a move. When I set it up I had planned on using a skimmer once I had everything moved in I would set it up. The tank was purchased as a sort of holding tank until I had the sump running and the tank I was using caught a good cleaning. When I woke up the morning after I noticed something different and couldnt figure it out! that night my gf said "hey notice theres no little bubbles in the tank" and it hit me there were no bubbles! So I decided to talk to an old family friend from germany who has kept tanks forever and they all have been amazing and I asked how he did it when I was a little kid when technology wasent what we have today? his only answer was balance. With that being said I decided to give it a go, a skimmerless, barebottom, 15g nano with halide lighting.
While there is more to tell Its x-mas eve-more to come!

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I second that emotion... I want to see a fellow traveler's tank. Although mine was skimmerless for 4 months, I finally relented and got a nano skimmer.

underworld@hvrk

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Merry Christmas!
mini-DSCN2858.jpg

underworld@hvrk

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
here's the sump-no skimmer, no phosban/carbon reactor. Only 2 pumps run on this system mj600 in display behind rock work, and a mag5 for return hooked to a squid. the lighting is a 250w hqi phoenix 14k no actinics. reef devil sump chateo,rock, a clump of feather dusters(in display and in sump) there also now is some xenia and sponges in sump(benthic zone)
mini-DSCN2665.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: