Here is an updated full tank shot from early this morning

29276890962_39588c7e2a_c.jpg

I'm currently down to 6 fish.
Copperband butterfly
2 Clownfish
Blue Tang
Leopard Wrasse
One Spot Foxface

My two flasher wrasses jumped out, My flame angel disappeared and I had to re-home the purple tang because he was getting aggressive

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I added a refugium to my sump. Not for nutrient export but to grow pods, I want a mandarin eventually.
I also changed to a Skimz DC skimmer from the Skimz recirculating model. It game me more room to work with in my sump. It's dead silent and I'm still in the process of tuning it.

29350904866_54cffda4ee_c.jpg

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I really need to work on the electronics area of the cabinet.

I have 2 Neptune Systems DOS Units. Dosing calcium and alkalinity and a mix of vinegar and vodka to help control nutrients. I have one free head which I'll probably add magnesium since it seems to drop fast in my tank.

28761163264_f407131974_c.jpg

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Here are the latest full shots of the tank.

I switched from the Kessil AP700 with two Kessil A160 supplementing to 2 Radion G4s.
I also made my own screen top with netting from BRS and the screen door kit from HomeDepot and Lowes. I had 2 wrasses jump so it was time.

31439159605_8538905820_c.jpg

30631421733_7cc4f3d16f_c.jpg

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Very nice setup! How has vinegar vodaka been working for you so far? Are ypu following DIY NoPox ratios?
I just started to use it and got an algea bloom that lasted over a week! Nitrates went from 50 to 25 ppm so ita seems to be working.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Very nice setup! How has vinegar vodaka been working for you so far? Are ypu following DIY NoPox ratios?
I just started to use it and got an algea bloom that lasted over a week! Nitrates went from 50 to 25 ppm so ita seems to be working.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It was working out well for me, keeping my nitrates under 5 until recently when I got a trio of anthias and was feeding more.

I removed 2 of the anthias and did some water changes and I'm back on track.

I dose 10 ml a day. 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Looking Really nice. From the pics it looks like you are getting much better light coverage with the Radion G4's. Its nice to see someone using the right amount of LED fixtures to get adequate coverage. Gotta love how you put 2 G4's as well as some Kessils to supplement. how do you find the SM163 compares to the recirculating Skimz you were running. I run the SM163 myself and am very happy with it.

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Looking Really nice. From the pics it looks like you are getting much better light coverage with the Radion G4's. Its nice to see someone using the right amount of LED fixtures to get adequate coverage. Gotta love how you put 2 G4's as well as some Kessils to supplement. how do you find the SM163 compares to the recirculating Skimz you were running. I run the SM163 myself and am very happy with it.

I love the SM163. It's been the most consistent skimmer I've owned to date. The recirculating skimmer was nice but it took up too much space in the sump and I needed space for some reactors.

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Latest full tank shot.

The tank now is fully stocked.

• 3 leopard wrasses.
  • Solon fairy wrasse
  • Yellow Coris Wrasse
  • Blonde Naso tang (Will be re-homed when he gets big)
  • Yellow Tang - up for re-home soon
  • Hippo Tang - up for re-home soon
  • Red Dragonnette
  • Flame Angel
  • Coral Beauty
  • One Spot Foxface
  • 2 Oscellaris Clownfish
  • 3 Blue Green Chromis

Nitrates at 5 - 25ml of Vinegar a day
Phosphates - just tested for the first time in 3 or 4 months - .1
Calcium 420 to 450
Alkalinity 8.5 to 9

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: