Manhattan Reefs
 

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR


Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
What’s up everyone! Had a few minutes to put together a video of my wife helping meme frag and mount a few corals. I also want to show you guys a pretty amazing saltwater fish tank I checked out yesterday at Morocco Mall! Morocco I wouldn’t mind this upgrade at all!

https://youtu.be/oYgsVu6AmJY




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
https://youtu.be/WEKrMCu3JP4


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Edible Moroccan turbo snails yummy

https://youtu.be/9ABDjyJ4hjQ


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:44 AM
Two Decade Club
MIKE NY's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 2,790
Reefer Ratings: (56 (100%)
Friends: (66)
Send a Private Message
Stoury's 220 Gallon Mixed Reef Tank

Great vid.. thanks for sharing, but I’m not eating turbo snails....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
February 2011 TOTM
https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...ry-2011-a.html

170 gal reef, 90 gal fuge, 65 gal sump,20 gal frag/nano, 250 Radiums on Hamilton M80 HQIs, T5 actinics, MRC-2 Cal reactor, Vertex in280 skimmer, Reeflo return pump
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 AM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE NY View Post
Great vid.. thanks for sharing, but I’m not eating turbo snails....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mike but it tastes like chicken man! It tastes like chicken lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:13 AM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Who has a copperband that has wiped out all Aptasia and eating like a champ? My buddy Frank from WWC has always preached to me that I should always focus in on utilitarian live stock that have a specific purpose if you want to have a healthy SPS dominated tank. This guy definitely has an important role and I wouldn’t trade mine for the world. It’s definitely getting first class transportation treatment during my move later this year! Just as an FYI, I scored this little guy from the Reefshoppe (Thanks guys!) about 6 months ago. QT’ed him with hypo salinity for 4 weeks, no signs of parasites or any issues, was eating like a champ and here we are!!!! Photo credit goes to wifey who loves him too



[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190616/26b924c492ee480c5949c346724dd5c3.jpg

[/IMG]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
vincent naval's Avatar
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sunnyside,Queens
Posts: 844
Reefer Ratings: (70 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
Who has a copperband that has wiped out all Aptasia and eating like a champ? My buddy Frank from WWC has always preached to me that I should always focus in on utilitarian live stock that have a specific purpose if you want to have a healthy SPS dominated tank. This guy definitely has an important role and I wouldn’t trade mine for the world. It’s definitely getting first class transportation treatment during my move later this year! Just as an FYI, I scored this little guy from the Reefshoppe (Thanks guys!) about 6 months ago. QT’ed him with hypo salinity for 4 weeks, no signs of parasites or any issues, was eating like a champ and here we are!!!! Photo credit goes to wifey who loves him too



[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190616/26b924c492ee480c5949c346724dd5c3.jpg

[/IMG]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Want trade?
Attached Thumbnails
  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
That is really tempting Vincent lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Senior Member
vincent naval's Avatar
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sunnyside,Queens
Posts: 844
Reefer Ratings: (70 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
That is really tempting Vincent lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahaha she is the killer whale of my reef!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,334
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent naval View Post
Hahahahaha she is the killer whale of my reef!


It’s amazing how a fish like this that is so hard to keep for so many can thrive and do so well in some tanks. I feel like with some good care, luck and good fortune many fish are possible to keep in our tanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes