Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Reefer Ratings: (73 (100%)
Friends: (14)
Send a Private Message
Here is the sump

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...ixed-reef.html
Old 01-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Reefer Ratings: (23 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvernon View Post
Thanks. I have a lot going on under the tank. I wanted to go with natural methods to keep nutrients down. Nopox was working but the bacterial growths and depressed PH was not optimal for me.

The arid was working well until Osteropsis dinoflagelates showed up. Now they are always present in the reactor and killing the cheatomorpha. The unusual thing is the cheatomorpha in the sump under a kessil h380 is doing ok.

I swear it's always something in a reef tank.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk
Tell me about it. You name it and I've had it happen. Just getting my nitrates and Phosphates under control. I literally had to go bare bottom. I have a pretty similar set up in fact I pretty much used your tank for my inspiration during build. I'm in the process of adding a manifold but just have been having a been stuck on whether ball valves would do the job instead of gates valves. I also want to add a calcium reactor too. Otherwise happy with how things are going currently in my tank.