Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Help SO: Fish continuously dying

I have recently switched over to a salt water tank and I continue to lose fish. Water is fine after running constant tests and bringing to a store for tests. I keep loosing yellow tangs, angel fish and just lost my first clown fish. I have purchased my fish from all different locations to make sure the problem wasn't where I was purchasing the fish. I would appreciated any advice or helpful tips. I have lost over $800 in fish, please help! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:38 PM
Reefer Ratings: (22 (100%)
Friends: (13)
Send a Private Message
We need more info than that please.

How big is the tank? How long has it been running? What are your parameters? What testkits are you using?
Old 12-23-2016, 10:40 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
How are you fish dying? Are they dying fast, are they scratching grasping for air, or covered in spots or white velvet like? Can you please describe what is happening? It would also help to know how things about your setup? Like the size, filtration and how long it has been running.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (110 (100%)
Friends: (136)
Send a Private Message
In addition to the info already requested you mention that you just switched over to a SW TANK... switched from what? Was this previously a fresh water tank? If so, are you still using anything in the current tank that was in the previous configuration... sand, gravel, rock? Were any chemicals/medications used in the previous tank for Ich possibly?

Can you possibly post any pics of the current tank?
Best not to add any further fish or critters until the issue is found.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:10 AM
Reefer Ratings: (21 (84%)
Friends: (26)
Send a Private Message
Stop buying fish