Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here is the beginning of something great @ the scoot's house... :)....

The thank you's goes out to everyone who had given me ideas and ways to better the tank... Jhale, jim, ronen, herman, randy, nick and everyone else i forgot to mention...

a thankyou goes out to ronen for getting this beautiful tank built for me, if it werent for you buddy i wouldnt have this beautiful tank and all the help that went into planning the tank and the sump ;)... :hug:

and the last thankyou goes out to my boy nick ;)... he helped me so much and i appreciate it all... saved 6 of my corals from death.. helped me setup this tank did most of the aquascape and helped with the plumbing, great ideas to better the tank and filling up wit water.. thanks a bunch nick... great to have such awesome neighbors :)....

if it wasnt for the MR community i wouldnt know or understand half the stuff that goes into owning a succesfull tank.. ive learned alot from the guys here on the site and let me tell you there is alot of stuff that needs to be known before anything is started... you guys are great.. thanks again for being such a great community...

The new tank thread has begun....

fulltankandstand.jpg

120 gallon custom made tank. (eurobraced, external overflow, dual returns)

Flow
Flow - 2 Tunze 6100's on 7095 multicontroller
Return - Sequence 1440 gph pressure rated
Substrate - BareBottom
Skimmer - ASM G3 (BM 250 COMING SOON)
PH Monitor - Pinpoint
Heaters - 1 300 watt Ebo Jager
Lighting - 2 250 Watt XM MH SE's ( changing soon)
Actnics - Tek t5 retro kit W/ Super Uri actnics
Sump - 50 Gallon Long with 4 compartments
Dosing Pump - Nautalus II (Randys 2 Part :biggrin:)
Controller - Reefkeeper II (Coming soon) see cali you had to open your mouth :lol2:​

Jhale said:
The real reefers are the ones that can suck it up after a loss and keep going
;)....

the stand is done with 2x4's i no there is alot of em but its sturdy. the platform beneath that is done with plywood and another set of 2x4 going the length of the platform and a couple through the middle ;)..

thats it for now :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,487
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,484
Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I am guessing 120!! What do I win?

Take out one of the legs in the front, you don't need it!! The current setup makes using the space under it difficult. I have less 2x4's holding up my 150 reef, and much less 2x3 pieces holding up the cube tank.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
some more work.. :)

the 2 side cabinets are made from plywood (the good stuff) and jointed together and held in place with glue and screwed into the main stand itself... if you look closely u can see the joint up on the top right...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,359
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,353
Last edited:

NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree with either removing one of those front 2X4's or move each of the two apart from each other, so you have more room to work.

I just bought an Oceanic 58G tank & stand. I'm very suprised at how simple the construction of the stand, but looks great. It's all 1X oak, not one 2X4. I guess they know what they are doing:scratchch

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I agree with either removing one of those front 2X4's or move each of the two apart from each other, so you have more room to work.

I just bought an Oceanic 58G tank & stand. I'm very suprised at how simple the construction of the stand, but looks great. It's all 1X oak, not one 2X4. I guess they know what they are doing:scratchch

yea i no what im doing also.. that area is gonna be for storage ;)... :Up_to_som

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Dude i wouldn't feel comfortable having two milk crates support the tank.

Nice to see you back in the game. Just iron out the kinks from the last one.

Looking forward to the future.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
more pics of the stand coming together....

the top and bottom are both made of plywood with a maple edge which the dad had mitered for me... :) the front is all jointed together.. the middle face was done 1st then the 2 sides were prepared and jointed and this is what it looks like..

Attachments

• 5.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 640
  • 6.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 628
  • 7.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 610
  • 8.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 602
  • 9.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 577
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 11.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: