113   0   0
My buddy cleaning the tank and than leak test

20161214_145515.jpg20170112_175109.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
This stuff is amazing. I had not have an ammonia spike. My ammonia is at 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. I have fishes in the tank already. I be honest I was very skeptical about using the product as I'm sure every reefer would be but the tank has cycled in 5 days. I just did a 50% water change. Btw disclaimer. I'm not a part of ATM nor do I sell their products but their stuff works. I will use this on any of my future builds and will recommend to anyone to use it.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Good to know. Bottled bacteria definitely works IME. So many brands out there now. Was just curious about this one. Glad it worked well.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I use to use Nitrex, which was a rubberized carbon impregnated with bacteria that let you put fish in the tank right away, unfortunately they stopped making it a number of years ago after about 30 years. These bacteria products do work, especially for fish only tanks, and you can put fish in right away without any problems, as they covert the ammonia and nitrites into nitrates, but I wouldn't put corals in the tank until the bacteria has a good amount of time to built up.

Frank@Wall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I use to use Nitrex, which was a rubberized carbon impregnated with bacteria that let you put fish in the tank right away, unfortunately they stopped making it a number of years ago after about 30 years. These bacteria products do work, especially for fish only tanks, and you can put fish in right away without any problems, as they covert the ammonia and nitrites into nitrates, but I wouldn't put corals in the tank until the bacteria has a good amount of time to built up.
That's exactly what I'm waiting for. I did put a few heads of Duncans in and RBTA for the clowns and it seems to be thriving. The RBTA split already. I cannot believe it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: