purebullet417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
well first off id like to indroduce myself to you all iv been browsing other boards and getting information for my tank ect and finnaly have my own tank. the tank is a 45 gal oceanic starphire cube with black back and overflow with matching stand. the lighting is a coralife 150w mh, for flow i have my mag5 return and 2 nanostream 6025s, for a sump its an oceanic model 1 sump(15high) that i modified to suit my needs. the skimmer is a coralife super skimmer 125 umm thats all i can think of right now here are some pics
the tank
2006-12-22001.jpg

2006-12-21001.jpg

eurobracing on tank
2007-01-11001.jpg

tank filling
2007-01-13006.jpg

and now currently cycleing and almost finished
2007-01-19005.jpg

2007-01-19006.jpg

2007-01-19003.jpg

thats all for now

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
That's a sweet setup. I love the new oceanic tanks, especially the Euro-styled top. Nice choice on equipment too. What kind of light is that you're using? What are your plans for the tank livestock wise?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Great looking tank, lots of potential with the rock work.

I agree with Jackson, that skimmers going to get upgraded soon ;)

what are you planning for livestock?

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Nice little tank! Love the eurobracing detail. Why didn't they make mine like that, lol. Look forward to it's progress!

purebullet417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
wow diddnt expect this much support but the skimmer seems to be doing its job but if needed i can alwas upgrade lol the light as stated is a coralife 150w mh light and yea the style of the tank is sick for live stock im thinkin 2 clowns some sort of fairy wrase and maby 1 other small fish (possibly a helfrichies firefish):biggrin:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Very nice tank! i Like your rockwork =0) Just make sure you leave yourself enough room on the sides between the glass and the rockwork to clean the glass. I gave myself that problem and had a nice thick buildup of algae there i couldnt get to :tub:

whats the base footprint for that tank btw? dimensions?

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I really love your tank setup. If you don't mind, where did you get the tank from? Did you built the overflow or it came with it? How much did you pay for the equipments? Thanks.

purebullet417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ok let me see what i can answer here yes i left enough room to clean the glass lol...the dims are 24x18x24...i got the tank at petswherehouse but also saw it at country critters it comes with the overflow built in like that and is pre drilled and painted black and it was 1320 for the tank stand sump mh light and plumbing it comes as a combo package...and the starphire glass should be realy nice... ill post more updates as need and fell free to keep asking questions(im only 15 though so if i dont answer right away im prob at school cuz its midterms this week)

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
A single 150watt halide will do you great in this tank. Lots of people use 14k pheonix bulbs if doing MH ony with no acctinic supp. I found them a little too blue. Reeflux also make a 150watt bulb in 10 and 12k which come out real white with a nice 420 peak.

Your livestock selection sounds great. Should be nice, keep us updated with pics!

purebullet417

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
if i find a used bulb i might see how the reeflux 12k looks and use that but for now the standad coralife 10k is good even though i can prob get more par out of a differnt bulb

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
No doubt about it, I used to use coralife 14k bulbs which have nice color but horrible par value. Now I use XM 10ks which have great par but the color is yellowish white with a bit of blue. I find it to be very natural looking but there is ZERO actinic "pop." It's good to check out other people's tanks that use similar bulbs to get a feel for how they look without having to buy them to try them.

Yeah dude that skimmer has to go. Das EX-1 all the way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: