Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Do it Yourself! Nuvo 30l aka Innovate marine 30L

Hi guys just finished building out this Novo 30L i saw some people needed help with what to add to the tank because the return and filter side is limited. The company offers some of their own skimmers such as ghost and reactors but the reviews are par or horrible. Hears some pictures of my finished detail.

Added an ice cap K1 skimmer which fit beautifully and works fantastic in (one day)

Media reactor by Innovative marine (nano desk top kind) did bio pellet by pearl

ATO by Ice cap. good Quilty could have gone with innovate marine but wanted to same some room since their ato system is tine

Led made by spectrium Chinese made. cant say enough about the auto timer and my corals are in love with it. Just which they had bracket for it.

for the those who want the Tunze skimmer i suggest to stay away from 9004 although beautifully built you need to loose the sock in chamber one. to me that defeats the purpose of what this awesome tank does. Did not buy the Tunze 9001 but i am told it will work. However i did the traditional look of skimmer with comline it has done wonders so far.
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Bouzikli1; 02-18-2018 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: spelling and grammer
Old 02-19-2018, 10:35 AM
Reefer Ratings: (77 (100%)
Friends: (47)
Send a Private Message
How's the skimmer working out for You? I have the 20 Nuvo with the ghost skimmer and it works pretty well but I'm curious to know the results of the skimmer you have
Old 02-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Send a Private Message
Inwas going to purchase the ghost skimmer and I even spoke with marinedepot guys they all verfiy that the reviews are true. There's some kind of faulty or issue with the way it was made. I tried everything up until I found this. I'd be honest it's been in their for 4 days it broke in first day when usually Takes a week. I'm getting green slim everyday. Collection cup is pretty cool. So far I love it
Old 02-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Reefer Ratings: (77 (100%)
Friends: (47)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouzikli1 View Post
Inwas going to purchase the ghost skimmer and I even spoke with marinedepot guys they all verfiy that the reviews are true. There's some kind of faulty or issue with the way it was made. I tried everything up until I found this. I'd be honest it's been in their for 4 days it broke in first day when usually Takes a week. I'm getting green slim everyday. Collection cup is pretty cool. So far I love it
Thanks..i like the more conventional looking skimmers better than the square shaped ghost skimmers..thanks for the info..quick question would it for in the first chamber of my 20 nuvo?if so then I'm buying it
Old 02-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Send a Private Message
The base is round so you have close to 2.5 space to fit it in. I'm against loesing a sock for my bioload. You add it in the back chamber of your return their should be room. My 30l had it's own chamber so it was sweet
Old 02-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Reefer Ratings: (29 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Nice setup. Im setting up the same exact tank at the moment. I got the hydor slim skimmer
Old 02-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Send a Private Message
If in were you branespiken I would stay away. I saw bad reviews on that. And that was one thing I was thinking of buying. Purchase it on Amazon at least try it out first. To be honest this skimmer is 10 dollars cheaper but it's conventional like old school and it works
Old 02-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Send a Private Message
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Reefer Ratings: (29 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
I bought this thing like a year ago no returning now. We will see i guess. I can always sell it.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Send a Private Message
If you loose 10 or 20 bucks off it don't feel bad. I'd feel bad later if your not satisfied with it. At least get some to credit it your way