da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Been out the hobby for 4 years. 2 kids and a house later I'm finally setting up my tank again. Started with finishing my basement back in June 17

Last edited:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice! Welcome back am in similar situation, kids, house and all! Finally after 3 months of setting up my tank (and some rare setbacks on the reef) things are starting to come together ...Good luck ...

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Everything looks mint , i like it , love Metal H. but you got some fans to release the heat from canopy ?

Actually have to chance the description going to be converting to leds this time. Gotta watch the electric bill. But I did run a duct incase I want to vent out the house and plenty of room in the canopy for fans as well

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Actually have to chance the description going to be converting to leds this time. Gotta watch the electric bill. But I did run a duct incase I want to vent out the house and plenty of room in the canopy for fans as well

Sound good.

Refuge if if possible , you know , NO matter what , LPs or SPS or Mix. is welcome.

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Update long over due. Tank was cycled for 3 months. Before adding a small amount of fish and coral. Started with some easy stuff to make sure the lighting was ok.(small hammer, green and red cap and a few others.
Lighting for the tank is on a tight budget. I didn?t run with the MH I had due to already high electric bill. Going to give the ocean revive a chance. First picked up a used on eBay for 50 bucks. I used this one to cycle the tank and give me a little light. I have just replace that one with 2 new ocean revive that are programmable. So far they are doing well for me. My caps are starting to grow and I have noticed a few new heads on my lps started to grown.
At this point 6 month marker. I have been behind on my maintanince and getting some of my equipment back up and running. I still haven?t done a water change since I started cycling the tank. This week I tried to put some effort into the tank. I just added the 6 stage ro/di in the house. Yes I was bad and using tap water to start my tank and have been using it on my Ato for 6 months. Also added 2 reactors. One for carbon and second for gfo. So far the system has been good. At the moment I?m dealing with cyrano and just finished up a 3 day black out. Otherwise the tank is coming along great. Not in a rush just going to take it slow for now. Think for the next 2 month I?ll work on getting my water conditions better before I begin to stock the tank with more Frags and fish.

4255E541-0846-4593-9A28-CA91ACBE1E8F.jpg

368E510C-C814-4BB9-A59E-3A898D2409E4.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: