Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2018, 01:38 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
sounds perfect
Old 11-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Professional Commuter
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (32)
Send a Private Message
Use a table saw if you have, makes slotting the pipe easier.

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ured-tank.html
Old 11-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Reefer Ratings: (53 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
actually I just noticed that corners and middle of the grates have flat surface which I can use to slide the pvc pipes and have flat surface of the grate sit on the pvc and it will work better and pvc will be held in place by the wall of the grate and It will sit better I will have to use 6 pvc pipes for each ...I will post pictures when I am done..
Old 11-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Send a Private Message
ok so I was debating if I should bring my returns from over the tank from overflow side and I knew that it will not look professional and they will be flimsy and move left to right due to pressure of water and such. So I decided to buy piece of glass from glass place and drill holes in the glass and install bulkheads and have my returns connect to bulkhead. So I had piece of glass cut which is the inner side length of the overflow side pane and it is 1/2" thick and 6" wide which will be held in place with silicone on three sides and it will add little structural support as well (IMO). I have ordered low profile bulkheads which will be installed, I am going with 1.5" bulkhead and it will be reduced from the bottom of the bulkhead to 1" or 3/4" (not decided yet) so that I don't loose pressure from return pump. here are some of the pics while I was drilling glass in my shop this afternoon...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 12-01-2018, 07:11 AM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
Nice "toy" , NO need to clamp the glass , to avoid vibration ?
How easy was ?
Old 12-01-2018, 07:33 AM
Send a Private Message
there is suction cup on the tool, bought it from amazon for 13 bucks, once it is in place it does not move, it made drilling as easy as 1 2 3
Old 12-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Send a Private Message
so I cleaned up my Jebao RW20 pumps from last tank, they have been in storage for more than year and I was trying to mount these pumps in the sump that I can agitate the water under the rock rack so that detritus won't build up, but i am questioning my idea - how will i be able to clean these pump if required which it will be at some point in near future.. So i have second plan to add jebao 10000 dc pump on each side of the sump and connect 2 pumps together via 1.5 inch pvc pipe and union for easy disconnect for servicing, these pumps will come on 2 - 3 times during day time to shake things up in the sump and under rocks.. here is my plan drawn. Please let me know if this looks good or anything needs to be changed...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 12-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

I took some pictures of aquascape from top, here are some of the pictures...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 12-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
wow amazing. good luck

Dam
Old 12-03-2018, 01:53 PM
www.reeftrends.com
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (44 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi197699 View Post
so I cleaned up my Jebao RW20 pumps from last tank, they have been in storage for more than year and I was trying to mount these pumps in the sump that I can agitate the water under the rock rack so that detritus won't build up, but i am questioning my idea - how will i be able to clean these pump if required which it will be at some point in near future.. So i have second plan to add jebao 10000 dc pump on each side of the sump and connect 2 pumps together via 1.5 inch pvc pipe and union for easy disconnect for servicing, these pumps will come on 2 - 3 times during day time to shake things up in the sump and under rocks.. here is my plan drawn. Please let me know if this looks good or anything needs to be changed...
There is a new model that can do "wav" modes Id have to check the name.

Reef Trends
Aquarium Solution Services
707-666-FISH