Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2018, 12:58 PM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Friends: (12)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
Nice! I look forward to seeing photos of it once complete!

Agora Auctions, Inc. (Ancient, World and US coins & Antiquities)
Old 11-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Reefer Ratings: (51 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Made some progress and my contractor finish the front of the tank and sunroom side of the tank, this weekend was beautiful and sunny and I was able to wash my rocks and separate out shelves, large pieces and small pieces of rock and separate out tonga branches which I want to use to elevate the rock structure so I don't loose the flow and don't accumulate detritus on the bottom of the tank, here are some of the pictures of the finished front and back of the tank and my rock, I think this should be enough for display and rest will go in the sump..
Attached Thumbnails

Old 11-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
Hi, tank is beautiful. Something to consider. I did the same thing to my 220. Essentially built into the wall like a picture frame. I do have a fish room behind the tank. However, while not impossible, it is difficult to clean and move things around in front of the tank. Before it is too late, you may want to think of an access panel in the front.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Reefer Ratings: (14 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Looks awesome. Don’t forget to paint the ceiling before you fill it if that is what you decided. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Fish View Post
Hi, tank is beautiful. Something to consider. I did the same thing to my 220. Essentially built into the wall like a picture frame. I do have a fish room behind the tank. However, while not impossible, it is difficult to clean and move things around in front of the tank. Before it is too late, you may want to think of an access panel in the front.

I had the little slot on the top but it was not enough so I decided to close it, I know it is going to be challenging but I have to deal with it, I love the front finished look, I can always access the tank from the side panel side which is wide open ....
Old 11-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panonhas View Post
Looks awesome. Don’t forget to paint the ceiling before you fill it if that is what you decided. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have decided to keep it as it is, I am hoping that it will reflect some of the light back In the tank, but I will seal it with clear coat of the paint...
Old 11-05-2018, 07:25 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
How about overflow, what u decide ?
Old 11-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Zoa Echino Aficionado
Reefer Ratings: (215 (100%)
Friends: (83)
Send a Private Message
Is the aluminum frame also painted over with white? Looks good so far.

Macro's Tank Thread https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/61543-macros-120-270-tank-thread.html

Macro's Cubism Tank Thread https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/116893-macros-cubism-240g-tank-thread.html#post1090737
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio View Post
How about overflow, what u decide ?

Hello Vio, there is overflow built in the tank which is 12" x 24"x 1.5" and three 1.5" holes for drain pipes that will come down in the filter sock box that is being custom built, I will post pictures when I get the box.