Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 03:59 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano908 View Post
Lol got it, by the amount of corals you have you must be running a calcium Reactor, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, around 450 Gal. system , but i back up with Vertex Libra doser , for few reasons , i have to dose some extra Mag. to keep 1.325 and Alk. ( home made, baking soda) i run Calcium Reactor in idle ( low) also NOT to introduce to much CO2 in my tank. I think i may be the only one running 11 pumps + dual return , take me some time to set those pumps , NOT direct flow on corals , move water every place, i mod. the overflow , is one extra on one side , i realize most of the flow go side to side , NOT front to back, i have 2 more pumps behind Protein Skimmer , just in case some Detritus , miss the P.S. pump , in my opinion , DETRITUS is # 1 problem for reef , the faster go out , the better is. Protein Skimmer air Intake is from outside. My PH is constant to 8.12 to 8.15 , ORP close to 400 ppm.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by vio View Post
Yes, around 450 Gal. system , but i back up with Vertex Libra doser , for few reasons , i have to dose some extra Mag. to keep 1.325 and Alk. ( home made, baking soda) i run Calcium Reactor in idle ( low) also NOT to introduce to much CO2 in my tank. I think i may be the only one running 11 pumps + dual return , take me some time to set those pumps , NOT direct flow on corals , move water every place, i mod. the overflow , is one extra on one side , i realize most of the flow go side to side , NOT front to back, i have 2 more pumps behind Protein Skimmer , just in case some Detritus , miss the P.S. pump , in my opinion , DETRITUS is # 1 problem for reef , the faster go out , the better is. Protein Skimmer air Intake is from outside. My PH is constant to 8.12 to 8.15 , ORP close to 400 ppm.

That’s really nice setting Vio, I constantly have to vacuum my sump due to a lot of detritus build up in my drain and refugium side I might have to put a pump in the drain side to push the detritus to build up in the refugium side only, it’s way easier to have to vacuum that side only without having to take the Slimmer out.
Now not to highjack your threat but I have a regular 75gal tank I have 2 CP40 Crossflow one on each side, do you think I need to have some flow coming from the back to the front and front to the back or it’s not necessary due to the small distance between the front glass and the back glass?
Thanks in advance Vio.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Thatguy96
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
I've had many sessions with Vio watching this tank and shooting the breeze. Colors are amazing and the mad coral scientist has several really nice pieces growing in here. Keeping it going Vio.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:35 AM
vio
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano908 View Post
That’s really nice setting Vio, I constantly have to vacuum my sump due to a lot of detritus build up in my drain and refugium side I might have to put a pump in the drain side to push the detritus to build up in the refugium side only, it’s way easier to have to vacuum that side only without having to take the Slimmer out.
Now not to highjack your threat but I have a regular 75gal tank I have 2 CP40 Crossflow one on each side, do you think I need to have some flow coming from the back to the front and front to the back or it’s not necessary due to the small distance between the front glass and the back glass?
Thanks in advance Vio.

Not sure, i have to see the tank ( Aqua scope) send me some pics, ( PM me).
Old 09-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Reefer Ratings: (59 (100%)
Friends: (25)
Send a Private Message
Congratulations Vio everything looks amazing!

Water quality, Flow, Lighting, Patience lol:
"KISS" (Keep it Siphoned and Skimmed)
this -> "Reefkeeping made easy- what was not explained"

I like this also
http://i.imgur.com/FRWytuv.jpg
Old 09-05-2018, 05:12 PM
vio
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Congratulations Vio everything looks amazing!
Thank You,
By the way , you still using that Detritus sediment tank ? How about that NICE solenoid multi valve , water flow ?
Old 09-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Reefer Ratings: (59 (100%)
Friends: (25)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by vio View Post
Thank You,
By the way , you still using that Detritus sediment tank ? How about that NICE solenoid multi valve , water flow ?
Yes Vio still use and love the settling tank as far as my 6-way diverter it stopped working so I removed the insides and now use it just like a closed-loop with six 1 in returns into the tank. I am also using a waveline wave Puck II

Water quality, Flow, Lighting, Patience lol:
"KISS" (Keep it Siphoned and Skimmed)
this -> "Reefkeeping made easy- what was not explained"

I like this also
http://i.imgur.com/FRWytuv.jpg
Old 09-13-2018, 09:10 AM
vio
Send a Private Message
Top- Down....pics.

DIY tub ( Top-Down) pics.