benknow

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello everyone
It has been a while so I decided to share my latest photos. What do you think? I've been having a problem with some of the corals growing into each other and competing for space, With the winner taking all. How does everyone else handle this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_2642.jpg
    IMG_2642.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 180

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
thanks for sharing.

i have the same exact coral in pic 2 right next to the rics. do you know what they are?

btw i notice you have no fish. are they hiding?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
nice looking tank.... 2 things that have been already said..

can you elaborate on what your equipment consist of... also do u dose anything...

and

fragging the corals to a smaller size and selling the frag off is one way or you can just upgrade to a bigger tank...

great job...

benknow

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
30 gallon Oceanic Cube
Approx. 10 gallon sump
Precision Marine Protien Skimmer
Aqua C Remora Skimmer
2 x 150 watt 14k HQI Metal Halide Bulbs
Chiller
Korallin Calcium Reactor
No Fish
Bare Bottom

Yes the tank is a 30 gallon Oceanic Cube. I have a Precision Marine Protien Skimmer attached to a sump and an Aqua C Remora Skimmer hanging on the back. For lighting I use 2 x 150 watt 14k HQI Metal Halide Bulbs. Because of all the heat the light generates I had to hook up a Chiller.

I was dosing daily with ESV Calcium and Alkalinity Supplement Part 1 & 2 and found it to be to much of a burden so I decided to hook a Korallin Calcium Reactor. I was surprised on how effective it really was. I don't have any fish . . . I did have a few fish at one time but I realized that it was much easier to feed the corals and maintain the tank without the fish. So it was a difficult decision but i prefer it now.

I know that I could Frag the tank but some places are impossible to reach without disturbing everything. I guess I was just wondering will they eventually give up trying to grow over each other or will it be a battle to the death?

Attachments

• IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 144
S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
WOW thats a great looking tank. I didn't even notice that it had no fish until you mentioned it.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
nice tank look great cant wait till my frags grow up to be great pieces. and like everyone else fragging is the best way to keep them from growing into the other corals space.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: