snailpoo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... so it's been 7 months. I figure that's long enough to go for an update (from my first post here).

It's just a slight change, no?

Attachments

• Tank121505.jpg
    Tank121505.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Tank022007.jpg
    Tank022007.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 107

snailpoo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hrm, forgot to mention:

192W PC lighting. Fluval 304 (all carbon) for filtration (I'm leaving the algae in the tank until I get the refugium and sump set up).
Oh, and the cups are for my coral propogation. I never knew corals grew so fast, even the LPS ones.

Anyways, comments, suggestions, criticisms, hey what the hell are you doings welcome.

snailpoo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is on the sump/refugium which I've yet to hook up.

The fish are a false perc and a carpenter's wrasse (well, it's a flasher wrasse of some sort that closely resembles a carpenter's wrass, but I forgot the name). The water level is intentionally low. I'm not quite sure the wrasse isn't a jumper yet, and I've still got some rock to add in.

I don't miss the FW tank so much --the fact that the FW tank is now a 10 gallon helps quite a bit :D. Algae is MUCH harder to deal with in a FW tank than a SW... (I think).

Last edited:

snailpoo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the first tank more

Yep, but I had one more consideration when I decided to take down my FW tank: Bosslady.

With my FW tank, my wife would sigh, roll her eyes, and demand that any time I spent in a fish shop be matched by time I spend with her shoe shopping.

With my SW tank (thank-you honeymoon snorkeling in Hawaii), my wife suggests equipment we should buy to keep our baby Nemo happy.

Eh. Worth the trade. :smash:

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yep, but I had one more consideration when I decided to take down my FW tank: Bosslady.

With my FW tank, my wife would sigh, roll her eyes, and demand that any time I spent in a fish shop be matched by time I spend with her shoe shopping.

With my SW tank (thank-you honeymoon snorkeling in Hawaii), my wife suggests equipment we should buy to keep our baby Nemo happy.

Eh. Worth the trade. :smash:

Did you snorkel at Molokini?

snailpoo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that FW tank would have been perfect with a few rainbows and killifishes. Just my $.02

My fish selection was limited --I have a breeding colony of cherry shrimp.

We took the Quicksilver boat (except for the blackrock and the Kaanapali reefs where no boat is needed). We liked them because they sell fish pellets for a couple bucks. It's an amazing experience to have swarms of fish gathered around vying for your attention rather than having to go and chase them for a look see, though on second thought, I was glad I had my fingers in fists when that swarm of triggers came through.

Unfortunately, I have no underwater pics scanned. Went with disposables.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: