Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thanks guys! I am excited. Gonna put my Desjardini Sailfin in the 72 x 30 looking forward to giving her some room! It is deeper than the 96 so think it will be better. Once I sell the DB 80 and get the 150 or 180 up I am thinking Dogface puffer, clown trigger and a few Angels in mind. The tanks are bigger but will open up that room once the 93 Cube is out. (cube already going to a good home)

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Not to shabby. Stand is plumb,level and square. Floor... is another story. Nothing a wedge or two cant fix.
7d45e48a5e83f6ab347f1cbff924e974.jpg

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
One thing I did when cutting everything was use a stop block for repeatable cuts. In the past I always had made a cut and used that piece for 2nd and 3rd cuts. This year I built a miter saw station and man let me tell you it's the only way to go when doing something where you have multiple pieces that need to be exact.

I squared off the 2x4 than whacked it 3x in no time. Made all my cross braces effortlessly. My legs same way. Made assembly a breeze. Measured up all pieces and they were all exact.

Only thing I didnt do that I usually do is run them through the table saw to square off the edges.

Used pocket holes for all the joinery and reinforced the inside legs once the bottom plywood was down.

Top layer will extend over the outside edge of the legs.

Sure was nice having a 60 degree day in February to do so!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Awsome Mike cant wait to see this done ..that's gonna be alotta room man

Thanks Buddy! It actually will open the room up and make it easier to work down there. I will loose a little shelf space but that became a catch all anyway. Once the 93 is out of there it will be a big difference. I think I am going to make a rolling table as well to give some extra counter space and such for when needed.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I am struggling with the fish only tank. I wish I could say money is no object but it is. I can fit a 6' tank, so I basically have 3 options.

125 72" x 18" x 22"
150L 72" x 18" x 28"
180 72" x 24" x 24"

I really want the 180. BUT the 180 is 3x the price of the 125 for a new tank. The 150L is a little to high for the space.

UGH.... Anyone selling a 180 that is not reef ready?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: