NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It's night shots, but my camera works when it wants to, so......

It's an Oceanic 58G, w/20G sump. Their is about 22lbs of Fiji rock and 40lbs of Carribean rock and about 50lbs of sand. I think I need a little more rock and sand.

BTW; The rock is cured, but I'm not adding livestock until I come back from a trip down south, second week in March.

Aquarium022207021.jpg

Aquarium022207008.jpg

Aquarium022207010.jpg

Aquarium022207001.jpg

Last edited:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Looks like a good start. Few things though, I'd go with a little more rock, maybe just enough to fill in the "gaps" in the rock work. Or something to bring the entire structure from appearing to just rest on the back glass. It's a nice size tank so you have a ton of options.

On another note I'd worry about that HUGE:bigeyes: powerhead falling off the glass. Just be careful with it or you could end up with one hell of a sandstorm.

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

I like it the way it is...
I have transformed/reconstructed my tank 4 times in about 1.5 years. I have had great experience doing because all I did is follow up on the vision that I had visualized.

NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the tips.

That powerhead is temporary, it's secure enough that it won't fall. I'm expecting a Tunze 6045 to replace that one. On the right side of the tank I have a Tunze 6025.
I definitely need to work on the aquascape, at least 10-15lbs more rock. It's all a work in progress:ANYWORD: .

As for the big rock, I thought I would like them. Turns out, they were difficult to work with for the aquascaping. Two of the pieces are so big, they would only fit certain ways, so my options were limited.

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
great job, i would have to say before reading any post my first concern was that power, but you got it covered. If you ever need help with the setup just let me know. Good luck with the setup.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: