BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0

How you like your new combination of 150W over 12G tank such as growth, color and temperature issues?

The new light causes a bit more heat but the growth and color come out more nicely. One thing though is the light does not bring out any reds makes the color a bit dull (ex. red candy cane, favia, and blasto m.) The neon greens come out nicely though.

Last edited:

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Heres a picture of a hitch hicker that I could not wait to catch and get rid of...caught it at night after I threw in some sinking algae pellets and waited for it to start looking for the food...

Attachments

• DSC06489.JPG
    DSC06489.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
"lambda there is nothing wrong w/ bristleworms they are good scavengers. my 40br was full of them and i never had a problem"

The bristle worm was about 4in and its in a nano. Plus there was 3 more thats just the last one I caught.. I know they are good scavengers and detritus eaters... the only thing is I move my corals a lot and would not like to get one of those spines getting stuck in my hand..

Last edited:

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
upgrade from the 12 to a 30

upgrade

Attachments

• DSC06846.jpg
    DSC06846.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 211
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 375
  • hood 2.jpg
    hood 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 214
  • hood light.jpg
    hood light.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 330

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
On my design i was only going to put in half of a back panel....i already thought of heat and etc....also the half back panel is to keep as much light in the tank as possible

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The tank is looking good!! I really like the chalice :)..I just might have the same one..lol

The 2 lights you added in the canopy look great. Those are the perfect size for my cube. Are they T5's & where did you get them? Thx!

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
lol...yeah the bristles are cool and good detrius eaters but my fear is since my hands are forever in the water grabbing a rock and getting stabbed with those spines... the bristtle worms are 3-4in long not the really small ones..

Kathy: We share something in common we have a frag of the same chalice.. :) .. As I saw it color up the colors are really nice I can not wait till it gets bigger..Lets see who can grow out the bigger piece...

Since no one wanted to buy the ligths I ended up using it myself for the hood.. its a retro fit light two pc 36w one atinic the other 03 but I am going to make it two atinics blue and the ballast can work with 45w atinics..

BOb: thanks for the warning but the difference between hair algae and chaeto... If it was chaeto no prob...now hair algae is another story...

Last edited:

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
pics..

just taking some pics..lunar destroyer paly, frogspawn, purple hammer, and aog frag

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: