A

Anonymous

Set Up Date : 9-17-99

Tank Size (LxHxW | Volume):48-24-24 120gallons

Sump Size (LxHxW | Volume):40gallon rubbermaid

Live Rock (Mass):200lbs

Live Sand (Mass): 6in deep

Lighting (Type | Wattage | Photoperiod):coral-life dual 250watt 6500k iwaskie with dual 40 watt blue moon atinics. My Atinics come on 1 hour before halides and run one hour after atinics 12hours halides 10hours

Protein Skimmer (Brand | Model):Ron's salt water heaven 6' skimmer Produces about 3gallons of waste every 2 weeks. Running the skimmer is a rio 2100 a tetra tech deep water air pump and three 3in air diffusers

Biological Filtration (Type):Live rock in tank and sump and live sand

Chemical Filtration (Type): carbon

Circulation (Rate | Brand | Model): Three power sweep 214 for a wave making effect.

Return Pump (Rate | Brand | Model):
iwaki wmd 30rlxt's pumping 900ghp at 5' head each
pH (Morning | Evening):78.1 and 8.4 to 8.5

Temperature (Range | oC | oF):78

Specific Gravity / Salintity (g/g | ppt):
Alkalinity (meq/l | dKH):ideal

Calcium (ppm):ideal

Ammonia (ppm):0

Nitrite (ppm):0

Nitrate (ppm):usally less then .5 but sometimes is rises after heavy feeding for a week or so then when i blow out my tank it falls again

Phosphate (ppm):

Fish :Mated pair of tomatoe clowns
laying eggs every 2 weeks and a Red Sea Sailfin Tang

Corals : 2 finger leathers,1 goldcrown leather,cup coral, different types of mushrooms,1 branching hammer, on green hammer, 2 red open brains,1 green open brain, brown and green botton polyps,1,000,000 star polyps, and a huge t.dreasa clam, along with several types of sponges and feather duster

Invertebrates : 2 tiger tails, 1 green serpent star,1 grey serpent star, 1 green emrald crab, 20 blue leg hermits and tons of snails

Maintenance Program :I usally do about a 40g water change every month or so. Dose kalk water reg. Spot feed tank 1 or 2 times a week along with small feedings daily. Clean skimmer and blow out tank once a month. Dose supplements once a month or so. Clean out sump about every other water change. Change halides once a year and same with atinics.

Additional Information :I plan on upgrading my dual no ballest to a dual 110 vho ballest. RIght know i'm trying to get my alk and calcium levels to perfect 450ppm and 11-14dkh. After I get to consistent levels of both I plan on dosing a two part buffering system for awhile. Then hooking up my calcium reactor and start keeping sps corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: