NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
you going to have sand in the fuge ? not that i can prove it yet, but since going bb and having the dsb tank my stuff seems to be doing alot better, amonia, nitrate's nitrites all are stay at 0 and i feed heavy. plus i like fish :wink1: how many is too many if they dont fight and seem happy :biggrin:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Lis..what parts are you still looking for, I have about a bazillion pcv connectore left from my last upgrade. Lmk before I actually return them to the store!

Looks great so far! Hope we can get the mesh cover done next weekend for you! When do you expect the light to be hung and what plan did you finally come up with to hang it..wood or metal?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Tank changeover is going extremely well. I started moving my coral over to the new tank on Saturday, and I've been slowly moving a few pieces every day. I would like to do this process even more slowly, but quite honestly my electric is having a difficult time with the two tanks running simultaneously. That being said, everything is adjusting very well to the new light and new tank conditions. All coral is opening up beautifully. I haven't moved any fish yet - they'll probably go almost last. :) It's looking good .... I'll take photos when my leathers finally open up again. They're all pouting at me.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Tank switch is now 99% done! THe only thing still in my old tank are two peppermint shrimps. :) I think I made the switch with minimal casualties. I'm not sure my feather duster is going to make it. I busted one of my monti caps into about five smaller pieces, but the pieces seem to be fine and I'll just glue them all together. My birdsnest was originally really happy with the new light, but now it looks like it might be bleaching a bit. I haven't seen my yellow assessor since he went into the tank, but I have faith that he'll come out once he de-stresses a bit. The blenny and the wrasse immediately began swimming around happily - I'm sure Mr. Wrasse is especially glad to be able to stretch his fins a bit.

It's possible that I hate this stupid ESV sand. Hopefully after tonight it will have settled down. I added a bunch of flow today and little dunes are forming at the front of the tank. Still having issues with the dursos gurgling and with microbubbles.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Livestock photos!!!

2063659888_7179e3d361.jpg

Black Widow Zoanthids

2063657178_a8050b3abe.jpg

Sunrise Zoanthids

2062863949_40367c0db9.jpg

Brand new frogspawn (thanks pEEshEE!)

2063657728_8ecea56926.jpg

Turbinaria (from NaCl-H20)

2063658894_3fba6c51d7.jpg

Yellow Ricordias (also from NaCl-H20)

2063658238_5c718ee8e3.jpg

xmas tree worms (from the House that Fish Built)

2062866827_637cb8f2e5.jpg

Pretty pink tipped Yuma, originall from Ronen (I think)

My very first Full Tank Shot!
2063660618_8cf3f0fae6_o.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: