EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
thank you allll youre so kind lol. the best part is ending my tank cycle. i havent even started yet. i just did a test for ammonia and got a >0.25 reading :( what a waste of a test. should i add some shrimp cocktail or will my bioload of mushrooms, teeny weeny hermit, conch, emerald crab, featherdusters, bristle worm and the mysterious shrimp be enough????

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You already have ammonia, therefore theres no need to add a shrimp. The ammonia is probably from a slight die off on the live rock. Just wait for the ammonia to go away, then the nitrite, then you're all cycled

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
woo hoo! i believe all of my rock except from one piece was from another tank and the other piece was cured. but there is HUGE coralline coverage on these things its amazing.

ok last night around midnight, i took one last look at my tank and i saw a centipede like worm 4 inches long crawling on my lr i was too creeped out to take a pic sry but i dont think its a bristle worm because it didnt have bristles. it had a segmented body. i really have to do my research on hitchhikers. oh btw my teeny weeny hermit crab is a blue-legged yay! and i hope my crab is a emerald crab not a gorilla crab. he has hairy legs but hes green. hes pretty cute actually. he stands dead center on my live rock and picks up little particles and eats them. the insufficient particles, he throws over his shoulder.

heres some pics for the day
oh yeah, and he only has 5 legs. four on one side and one on the other(not including claws) i love handicapped crabs.
sm2427.jpg

sm2425.jpg

unidentified mushroom
im thinkin watermelon?
sm2417.jpg

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i love it jon. this morning i was surprised to wake up to see that my tank was still there. i thought it was all a dream
ok i did an ammonia and nitrite reading today and im going to buy some more test kits. amm=somewhere between <0.25 and and 0.25 but i guess that still means its less than 0.25. my nitrites came out to goose egg. now im wishing my tank would cycle:(

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
going to petco today to get thermometer and other test kits. i found another hitchhiker today! a four-legged starfish. its of the teeny weeny genus just like my hermit crab :biggrin:
it seems like all of my hitchhikers are missing some appendages!

1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
how great is the red sea? I got my biocube like a month ago and we recently got a red sea as well... I kinda wished I waited but its all good... i'm still happy with my biocube...... post more pics please?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: