Blue02celi

Wannabe reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I finally got a tank that actually has something in it. I got a 24G nanocube the other day, kinda on the whim and last minute so I'm sure during the rush of things I threw off the balance but no biggie. It currently has a green bristle star (I think) and 2 crabs. I added about 12 lbs of LR for now so I'm just gonna wait for everything to get back to normal levels and see what's next. Ill get pics up when I get a chance as my aquascaping sucks so it doesn't look very pretty lol

There's also coral pieces in there that ill have to ID, one of which is an open brain if I remember correctly.

Edit: well here are the pics, and Im sure theres a bunch of things I've probably done wrong, input greatly appreciated. also didnt mention the tank was setup, kinda, already when I got it, so I didnt rush to put stuff in it, the coral and critters were already in it, I added the live rock, and will add more slowly and as funds allow me to.

Attachments

• Tank 002.jpg
    Tank 002.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Tank 004.jpg
    Tank 004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Tank 005.jpg
    Tank 005.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Tank 007.jpg
    Tank 007.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Tank 001.jpg
    Tank 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
I think the hermit crab is too big for the small tank but otherwise its all good. Just concerned with the crab being there when you introduce small fish just be wary.

Blue02celi

Wannabe reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
well if hes gonna get too big or be a problem in the nano then yeah no reason to sell it.

on another note, my fiance got 2 fish for the tank (damsels, ones blue and the other is black and white) when she got it the kid at the store told her she would be able to put only one more fish in the tank. is that true? I know the nano isnt really the place to be putting a bunch of fish but I thought she'd be able to have more.... then again when I think about it, even if it was small fish I dont think i'd want more than 5.

Edit: Just looked at liveaquaria, one is a blue damsel, other is three striped, says they need 30G, nano is 24G... they should be ok for a bit right?

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
damsels in a nano = :fight2:

more peaceful fish would be a better choice, but at least you can get them out easy when you have to :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: