A

Anonymous

60ga cube is set up. Leak test underway. Used a 15 gallon sump and my old Euroreef CS6-2, overkill for this tank but cheaper than buying a new skimmer! I bought 50 lbs of dead rock that will start curing this week.

A

Anonymous

Very cool. Dead rock really does not need to be cured. There is nothing on it to die and rot. I started with 50/50 dead and live rock. My cycle was small and quick.

A

Anonymous

I wasn't sure about the rock, I ordered some live sand to add, only 10 pounds for the entire tank as I don't want a DSB. Figured that would jump start the cycle and cut it down. I will probably cycle the tank with a piece of shrimp or something as there is nothing in there that is live yet. Still waiting on the RODI unit to get here to start filling with tank water.

A

Anonymous

The tank got wet today. Should finish filling it tonight, it is currently about 90% full of water. No sand yet, but I have some dead LR in it. Going to start the cycle tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

I am still waffling over an LED fixture. I just stumbled on a guy selling a AI SOL blue. Anyone have any experience or recommendations on this light? Will one fixture be sufficient for a 60g cube?

A

Anonymous

I am not familure with that one. One Hydra52 will work. That is what I run on my 60 cube.

A

Anonymous

It's alive!!!

Put first livestock in today.

1 ORA Orchid Dottyback

20 blue legs

20 Asterea snails

A

Anonymous

I am supplementing feedings for the crabs and snails as I gradually increase bio load

A

Anonymous

[rimg]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1044997712192284&set=pcb.982530915093751&type=1&theater[/rimg]

A

Anonymous

Added some corals, got a pretty good deal from a guy in Colorado on some zoas, a galaxea, duncan and hammer. 8 total frags. I will see how they do before I make the leap back into SPS. Will probably wait until the tank is 6 months old to add acros.

A

Anonymous

I ordered the corals from myreeftoyours.com. I got them all as WYSIWYG. All but one were true. One was supposed to be fire and ice zoas and they are all just yellowish. Not sure how they screwed it up, but there is not a lick of blue or red on any of those zoas lol. Oh well, 7 out of 8 isn't bad and the rasta zoa is freaking cool as hell.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: