EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
marki i bought a 34 gallon. am i a reject too???nice tank HOVerdoodle!i think that cone thing is a barnacle, nothing to worry about.have you tried putting a few stars in your tank for your harlequins? ive heard that they will 'farm' them and eat them little by little at such a rate that the legs grow back so they have an endless supply of food. try it if you DARE.peace out.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Thanks...

For real Emily...wow i shud try that...i didnt know they ate starfish.....:irked:

DSC00589.jpg

Posted 7/12/2007

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
New Pics
My Rarely seen Watchman comes out to play...

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

DeeLucky Devils Hand
DSC01048.jpg

Rics...finally i get an orange one Thanks Slama...i have two i'm waiting for one to stick on to rock...:biggrin:
DSC01028.jpg

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
marki i bought a 34 gallon. am i a reject too???nice tank HOVerdoodle!i think that cone thing is a barnacle, nothing to worry about.have you tried putting a few stars in your tank for your harlequins? ive heard that they will 'farm' them and eat them little by little at such a rate that the legs grow back so they have an endless supply of food. try it if you DARE.peace out.

I only said that cause i have the same size tank. So I guess i am a reject too :banghead::p

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Ok so I think i've completed my filtration system...if ya tell me i need something else im going to leave the hobby too!

45-50 lbs. Live Rock in Main Display
40 lbs. Live Sand (DSB)

Coral Life 4 Stage RO/DI unit...Finally a TDS Meter Thanks to MAT
DSC01077.jpg

10 gallon Sump w/ Baffles- Cheatomorpha and 5Lbs. live rock (want more)

Euro Reef ES 5-2 with Custom Fritz Shattered Skimmate Drain Mod......
DSC01093.jpg

I finally set-up my 2 Little Fishes Reactors
One running Carbon and the other Phosban...I have them daisy chained with the valve it came with...and using a Maxi-Jet 400....I'll be changing the media once a month....when i do my water change..
DSC01095.jpg

Ohh and i finally got a Filter Sock...and now i just found out i need more than 1 :arg: I was told to clean it every two days :irked: i dont think i'll be able to keep up with that..but i'll try...

Its a pretty simple set-up...
And i think thats it....I hope :sad2:

Last edited:

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
DOH!!!!!! :sad2: i knew i wasnt done :arg: well i do have a white hermit crab..he was doing good in my main display but one day i caught him eating my GSP...so into the sump he went...I wonder if he is still there...
I also have a small urchin..but i think it wont make it cause of the lack of coraline algae...thats all i seen it eat...wut kinda critters shud i keep in the sump..

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Da B Good- Its funny u asked that question about the harlequins..they've been doing great until recently...they have not been getting along and are fighting...before they used to be :hug:... ohh and yeah i do have a lot of fish...I'm gonna get rid of 2 of them soon....

Yes I'm using the same lighting....Its a 24" Nova T-5 fixture.....and
I got rid of my xenia so I cud have more of a variety of corals...and so the more experienced reefers can stop calling me a NOOB....

Awi...these zoos are sooooo kwel, they have green bands on the skirts...they are slow growers but you first on the list when i'm ready...

Yes the frogspawn is awesome...its my favorite coral..my two clowns host it and it also seems that so do my 2 cleaner shrimps...

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Ok so i've decide to make some changes on my tank...i get bored of some of the livestock i've kept and i want to change some of the fish and corals i have....i've already started changing corals and have a couple of pics.....fish will be next....

New fish will be:
Radiant Wrasse
Sunburst Anthias
Pearly Jawfish
and maybe a twinspot Goby

These fish will replace:
Clown Fairy Wrasse
Firefish
YellowWatchman Goby
Dispar Anthias...

Let me know what you guys think...:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: