Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Bought from them 3 years ago. Make a solid eurobraced tank for me. 5' x 30"w. Some difficulty upon shipping but there was also some crazy weather that season. Worst part was lack of almost any communication and the ladies working there were underinformed and pretty rude quite often.
However, I have also heard they're under new management and even better to work with now. They get a recommendation from me for clean solid work that beats most if not all tristate area/local tank builders...who think its ok to basically steal your first born for some glass and silicone.

sticher

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few tanks built by GlassCages recently. I was told that company is under new ownership, and I personally had a great experience dealing with the new owner Joe and his staff. The only negative was the overall process takes a fair amount of time (6 months), but that may be true for all custom builds.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I have had a few tanks built by GlassCages recently. I was told that company is under new ownership, and I personally had a great experience dealing with the new owner Joe and his staff. The only negative was the overall process takes a fair amount of time (6 months), but that may be true for all custom builds.
That may be a more recent pandemic delay...mine in 2017 took only 2.5 months start to finish and I thought that was a long time.

sticher

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I'm glad you commented on that Spartan, because it made me go back and double check the timeline. It was in fact just under 4 months. I guess I was so excited about the new tank, it seemed longer. The important takeaway is that GlassCages built a beautiful tank and I would definitely recommend them.

sticher

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case, the tanks were put on pallets and transported to shipping terminal in Old Bethpage, where I picked them up.

Matt L.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have bought a number of tanks from them over a 12 year period. I had a 30 gallon cube, I've had two 100 gallon sumps. I have a 210 and a 42gal acrylic frag tank. I have had a number of smaller acrylic tanks. They are all built very well. In the old days, the silicone work on the glass was a little sloppy, but the newer tanks are much neater. They are affordable and very easy to order from. Customer service is great. The tanks are built extremely tough, and they are very heavy. They used to deliver. They'd have a semi that would drive around the country showing up in mall parking lots, and you'd come get your tank off the back of the truck. Now you need to use motor freight. I really can't recommend them enough.

Matt:cool:

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I have bought a number of tanks from them over a 12 year period. I had a 30 gallon cube, I've had two 100 gallon sumps. I have a 210 and a 42gal acrylic frag tank. I have had a number of smaller acrylic tanks. They are all built very well. In the old days, the silicone work on the glass was a little sloppy, but the newer tanks are much neater. They are affordable and very easy to order from. Customer service is great. The tanks are built extremely tough, and they are very heavy. They used to deliver. They'd have a semi that would drive around the country showing up in mall parking lots, and you'd come get your tank off the back of the truck. Now you need to use motor freight. I really can't recommend them enough.

Matt:cool:
That delivery process used to feel so sketch to me haha...driving 2 hrs to a Home Depot lot and meeting some guy in a back of a semi at 7pm at night with 3 guys to lift a 1000lb + box of glass into my pickup haha.

Matt L.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would also like to add that while having a reputation for "messy" silicone work, there was never a quality issue. They always let the silicone cure for the proper time before sending, and the tanks were always very durable.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: