L

Louey

Looks good.

I hope it sticks. Some older threads indicated that it wouldn't stick if the starboard wasn't scuffed up pretty good.

If you can't peel it off, then I don't think it'll be a problem later. I'd check it out good though. Once you stock your tank, you'll never redo it. Now is the time if it is necessary.

Louey

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Louey!

Its only been curing for about six hours, but I cannot get it to come off in the middle of the board. Around the edges, I can get it to peel off. Not sure what I am going to do.

When you did yours, could you get it to 'run' from the edge?

There ain't no party like my Nana's tea party...

L

Louey

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you remember, I got my starboard real furry. I used a 4" hole saw and walked it all over the board.

I put a coat of glue on then topped it with sand and pushed it down hard. Then I let that set for a day befor adding a second coat. I repeated that process until it was completely coated and hard as a rock.

Your pieces looks really well coated.

Louey

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yar - I think I wait till the morning to make a decision. Right now, I can get it to pull off in about one inch sections from the edge. From the middle it doesn't budge. Perhaps in the morning it will harden. If it doesn't, I'll prolly do a scraping of the edges and rough them up and reglue them. Of course, it will be soooooo much better if it just sets up rock hard over night. :D

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FSB is done and in the tank -

Here is a general shot of the tank, and the beginning of the framing.

IMG_5026.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpg
    IMG_5026.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 45
K

knucklehead

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck is that thing in the frame up there?

ecb.jpg

Attachments

• ecb.jpg
    ecb.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 40

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I gotta' ask!
Whats the deal with the 1/3 garr, 1/3 walleye, 1/3 salmon looking critter over the tank? LOL!!!
Science experiment went a rye or what?
BTW Nice looking stuff so far man I am jealouse!
Did the girl come with the tank? J O K E !!!

I like the idea you have with the skirting comming down from the wall.
BUT, why is it un evene and why did you extend it past the tank?
Cemitry?
Nice job on the floor to BTW! Tounge and groove or overlay sections?
Did you sand it your self?

Rob Top

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice glass work. Is there something you don't do? How many hours in your day, 72? Must be a very busy man. Hats off!

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your a sick man!
I like it!!! I especialy enjoyed "La Brea" VERY SLICK!!!
What would one of those cost a guy?
You are quite a talented man indeed!

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D

I do everything - just not all at the same time!

Yesterday, Duane (trido88) came over to check out the set up, and helped out a whole bunch. Drove me to pick up materials, finished the framing, realigned the in wall bookshelf, cut drywall, and most importantly, cut an hung the door. I bow to his mad skills!

I love reefkeepers!

Duane - THANKS! Oh - instead of 'floating' between the stand and the drywall, I unscrewed the drywall and made long shims to even it out with the stand. Like a charm!

More pics of the door and hinges later - gotta get to work! Finishing the top of the door, finishing plumbing the OM squirt, finishing plumbing the main return, and taping and cornering the drywall. Back to the hardware stores!

Here is what it looks like this morning, and also a pic of Duanes tattoo.

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5043.jpg
    IMG_5043.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5046.jpg
    IMG_5046.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 46

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what? I read your post to Duane, and thought I have no tatto this guy is insane! LOL!!
My name is Duane also and it is spelled identicle! LOL!!!
You need to get crack'n after youthis tank stuff finishe dup and makeme a La Brea Dam it!!! LOL!!!!

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the thanks Righty. It was truly my pleasure to come and help you. I only makes me jealous of what I dont have. Also it was a great learning experience and i left feeling like I'd made a new friend. I love the Way you have two viewable sides. I like the idea but dont want to reframe and redo all of my electrical thats already done. Two more days of labor cant be afforded right now. It Is so almost identical to what i will be finishing this summer most here will feel " HMMM... didnt this guy post this thread about six months ago" LOL. Again thanks for all of the teachings.

As for Fragmaster. Ive been waiting for the right time to comment on our names. After all, there is about seven ways to spell the name.
:LOL:

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leak tested everything but the return, which I can't test till I actually hook it up. Gotta love Red Hot Blue Glue!

Filled the tank with fresh water twice to rinse out any nasties, then filled it with salt water and heated it. Then, put a cleaner shrimp in and its been doing well for the last 24 hours.

Hopefully today, I will finish the trim, the mudding, the sanding and the priming. Tonight maybe the painting. Tomorrow maybe I can start moving rock back in!

It looks great. The FSB looks like sand and does a nice job of reflecting light back up.

:D

M

marillion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No code has to be inserted here.

No wonder that cute girl hangs around you!

BTW, nice tank! :)

Peace,

Chip

"When you love someone but it goes to waste...could it be worse?"

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: