1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
I was finally able to get my bare-bottom 75G Cube (Starfire Euro Braced) up and running last weekend. I intially purchased this set-up on Craigslist several weeks ago; it came with the stand, tank, sump, and canopy with built-in 250W MH, two 96W Power Compact lights and moonlights. The stand and canopy were white b4, so I went ahead and painted it black to match my dinning room furniture which includes my 180 FOWLR. Wife is not too happy with two tanks running in the dinning room, but, oh well, life goes on :biggrinpa......Right now the tank is cycling with about 75LBS of live rock. I will be adding two Seio Powerheads next week when they arrive in the mail. I will be transferring everything from my 24G AP in there once it's fully cycled.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

15G Sump: Life Reef SVS2-24 Skimmer driven my a mag 9 (works like a horse!) and a Mag 12 return.

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
This weekend I transferred everything from my nano to the 75G :groupflip. Attached are a few pics of what it looks like now. Only problem I'm having is the damn micro-bubbles :banghead:. I've already put a filter sock on the drain and it helped a bit. I guess I'll try putting one on the skimmer return.

TANK5.jpg

TANK7.jpg

TANK2.jpg

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Looks great. Are you concerned about the dimensions of the tank not being idealf or a Hippo??

I had a lot of bubbles until I put a pair of regular media bags on the drain in the sump. They tamper the force of the flow and cut down on the bubbles. Baffles in the sump take care of the rest. Filter socks are so difficult to work with! And how do you wash them? You can't turn them inside out!

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Looks great. Are you concerned about the dimensions of the tank not being idealf or a Hippo??

I had a lot of bubbles until I put a pair of regular media bags on the drain in the sump. They tamper the force of the flow and cut down on the bubbles. Baffles in the sump take care of the rest. Filter socks are so difficult to work with! And how do you wash them? You can't turn them inside out!

I've had the Hippo since he/she was the size of a dime in my nano. Once it grows too big, I will place him/her in my 180. Baffles in my sump is out of the question (too tight in their with the skimmer and all-unless I place the skimmer outside). Filter socks get replaced weekly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: