Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Guys wants a new and bigger reef tank. Guy asks girl if he can purchase a bigger reef tank and she says yes. Custom reef tank arrives and girls immediately regrets that decision. :)

72 Inches Width x 36 Inches Depth x26 Inches Height, manufactured with 3/4 low iron glass. Built by Glass Cages. External overflow with six 1.5 inch drains and two 1 inch returns on either side of the overflow. The bottom of the aquarium is starboard on top of the glass with additional glass bracing internally on the bottom rim, edges and a modified euro-bracing for the top of the aquarium. Everything filters down to a large MRC Sump holding an additional 125 gallons of water.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here are some photographs of the stand. Apologies that they are a bit color washed. The black bottom was provided with the stand. But I wanted to reinforce the bottom of it as I imagine it will have to support my weight as I'm tinkering around with valves and a few other pieces of equipment that I will be keeping underneath the stand. Everything else is located downstairs in the utility room/fish room.

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Mine is similar from gc as well....I should have done the starboard as well
The corner and bottom guards are great..

Did u get the upgraded foam mat ?
I was not told about it and have the white foam under tank,,, have been lazy getting black acrylic cut to cover it up, my dt is 72×36×26 as well with external overflow

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Jay,
What is supporting the tank from below?
Those dimensions on that tank awesome. Plenty of room for rock work and coral

Jim C.

I ended up getting lucky on the spot which I intended this aquarium to reside. Directly beneath my office is a corner of the utility room which I used to create my life support system. Directly to the left of the aquarium is the load bearing foundation of the home. Directly behind the aquarium is another section of the load bearing foundation. Then to the right is on of the homes first load bearing LVL Beams which extend from that load bearing foundation. I also decided to go a bit overkill and ended up reinforcing each existing joist that spans across from left to right which 2 additional joists each for a total of 12 joists running from left to right underneath and extending pas the front of the aquarium. I thin went and used 4x4 and placed them vertically crossing the joist and those are supporting by 4 lolly columns that can support 16,000 lbs a piece. This allows the aquarium to sit level on the first floor of the home.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Mine is similar from gc as well....I should have done the starboard as well
The corner and bottom guards are great..

Did u get the upgraded foam mat ?
I was not told about it and have the white foam under tank,,, have been lazy getting black acrylic cut to cover it up, my dt is 72×36×26 as well with external overflow

The build from Glass Cages has exceeded my expectations. I did get the upgraded mat and all the bells and whistles from Joe. I'm so happy I did.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had some free time to do some maintenance this evening on one of my GHL Dosers. I was calibrating each of the 4 dosing heads to prepare to configure them for Iodine, Potassium, Iron and Trace Element additives and was lucky enough to be around when the GHL Magnetic Stirrers kicked off for their hourly mixing run, so I thought I would share.

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jay.... we have twins

Attachments

• 20221208_172613.jpg
    20221208_172613.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0

corkscrewnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
I just built a new home outsi Poughkeepsie and had a 300g from glass cages custom build. Love it! I did a full equipment room with designed steel frame and steel columns through floor into lower level storage room. Also did all my water change and auto top off systems in pvc under the floor into the garage. Easiest and best thing I ever did. GL and if u ever want to share ideas and thoughts hmu. Merry Christmas ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: