rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Jejton...yes, its a sponge...red w/ white zoas growing on it....
However, It needs very high flow, or algea grows...its not doing great. Once a week I move it infront of the vortech and give it a good blast all over...its the best I can do till I upgrade...also, I cut the bottom off, and then glued it to a handmade platform. Once I find a gd place, I can cut the extra base, and apoxy to its new, high flow home.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
A few more pics...

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
The Angler is much darker now....he/she really blends into the rock work...sometimes at night I cant find him/her without looking very carefully.

Also, the Angler has proven to be a more ferocious eater than I had anticipated...about 7 chromis per week, plus he/she constanly tries to feed more, as if this fish has an insatiable hunger...the orange clown is gone, and the black one cant make it much longer...
The angler is so smart, that it hangs out at the top back corner, where food generally builds up, and waits for hungry unsuspecting fish to wonder near.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Here is the deal....

I just bought a Oceanic 120 Gl.

I will have it in 2 weeks. I will hopefully have it up and running with livestock in it about 1-2 months after that...depending on the cycle, and how motivated I am to begin asap...

Pictures will be up in a few months, as I slowly begin to fill the tank

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Are you going to use marco rocks? I would get a clean piece of cured live rocks and seed them. It will speed up your cycle. I used live rock rubble to reseed the rocks left out to dry and my cycle took only a week to complete.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Im going to sell this tank, with wood work, lights, skimmer, and chiller.
I dont have a big enough apt to keep both tanks...I mean, they both fit, but I only want one tank. I may keep it as a QT for the first 2 months or so...but thats it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: