Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Up and running...

A lot more finishing work to do, but i'm up and running...

updated of 6/6/2023
1687802675297.png

1687802723300.png

1687802784864.png

1687802914640.png

1687802954698.png

1687802980945.png

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I know... That skimmer need to go! Want to find a good unit that I can keep out side the sump...
Also, picking up more live rock tonight, and depending on the quality, the bio balls will be gone soon...
Please, don't hold back... All comments and criticisms are welcome...

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
That was one of the things in my "room for improvment" statement.

Kinda looks like the Great Wall..:D:kidding:

Scape it to your liking. You're the one that has to look at it everyday;)

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0

Please, don't hold back... All comments and criticisms are welcome...

First, your exterior setup is beautiful. I love the way it looks in the room + molding etc.. Definitely very nice.

The filtration is weak. If left the way it is, the only way you could make that reef work is by lots of chemical media and large water changes. I am guessing this is a 180gal? There are many ways to go about fixing this problem and they all cost more $$$ :)

What do you plan on keeping in this tank?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks for the prompts on the construction. As you can see, I do have more work to do to the bar and the room still. More staining, molding, new floor... etc... It will look a lot better when I'm done. I just couldn't wait anymore, and had to get the tank up and running. I will do the finishing work in time.

The tank is a 125. I plan on keeping mainly fish, and some soft coral. The skimmer will go as soon as I find something good. The Bio-balls will be removed a few a day. I Just added more rock to the sump, and started removing bio-balls last night. Will remove a few a night till they are all gone. Also, would like to add a few
Red Mangroves to the DSB in the center of the sump.

Aside from these issues, what do you see that worries you about the setup?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Very nice design work. I like the porthole.

Why are you removing only a little of the bioballs at a time? I can understand that philosophy if the system had inhabitants, but it is a fallow system at this point. Just remove them all and let your cycle continue.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

swimmer

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Stopped by today to pick up some corals, and i gotta say, the way he had this built is great. From the front you only see the tank, but the way the back room has been set up, it's just amazing. Everything you will need for the tank is right there, the RO/DI unit, the sump is right there, it's just great.
The aquascaping is not too bad, looks like a flat wall but there's enough holes for the fish to swim through and enough spots to place corals.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
OK. Removed all the Bio-Balls... Forgot to take pictures. Sorry, I will.

That DAM skimmer is throwing out so many micro bubbles! I got to get (or build) a new skimmer... It actualy pulls alot from the tank, but the bubbles are a pain.

Yes, I am thinking about building a HUGE skimmer... Not so save the money. (I am sure it will cost more to build it with all the mistakes on the design I am sure I will make) Just to try to do it...

I'm going to start reading and see what I come up with. Any suggestions?

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that same skimmer I got rid of it due to the micro bubbles. Hey you have so much space in the room you can get a bigger sump where you can place everything.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The sump is already a 50 g tank? How much bigger would one need?

I like the idea of one outside the sump. Easer to get to... I saved a nice spot just to the left of the sump. Want to dump the waist into the drain instead of a 1 gallon milk container. This way I will never have to worry about Skimate spilling over.

Only problem... I know if I don't use the sink in the bar for a long time, and the water in the trap under that sink evaporates, there will be a horrible stench coming from the drain in sink...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: