Not open for further replies.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Gee...thanks Jon.
I guess I didn't do a good job stocking it?:grumpy:

what's with all the frag plugs?

I think you need to edit what's in there. It looks like you took everything from a larger tank and stuffed it into a smaller tank :scratchch

I'd cut your collection in half and give stuff room to grow :chefico:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
WOW PHIL MIND BLOWING NANO!!!!!!!! looks AMAZING geez! the sump is so FREAKING NEAT JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!~!!~~~~

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks great,

FWIW spa-flex should not be glued. It wasn't meant to be glued. At least that's what they told me at the plumbing supply place by my house (they've been there for 50+ years). A friend who is a master plumber (not Ronen) said in spa use it's joined with hose barb and that all flex hose should be joined with hose barb. He said the manufacturer also does not recommend using glue. Just food for thought. FWIW Ronen concurred with him that spa should not be glued and when it's used in a spa setting it was always joined with hose barbs. The reason being that the "glue" or solvent will not bond properly to flex pvc. It's not the same material as regular pvc, it's also not glue but solvent. Since the two different materials cannot be solved together like regular pvc you do not get a true weld. The ridges of the flex pvc also prevent a true weld between the two pieces.

The angle at which the spa is after the union on your return line looks like a recipe for disaster.

Not trying to hate just trying to help you avoid a "leak" thread :)

Where's the full tank shot?

i glue my spa flex, it has always melted and bonded for me just fine. Maybe i just got luck, but i've always seen it glued.

EDIT: A quick google search pulls up all kinds of stuff on how to "glue" spa flex and there is a full line of pvc cements for "flexible pvc"
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/spaflex.html#faq

nice tank fill!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: