Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Here is one of the two new additions from our trip today to Country Critters

$129.99 zenia - Blech! I got a bluejaw trigger for $39.99

CBB_New.jpg

The CBB is already happy in the tank and the blue jaw is finding it's way around, but a little photo-shy

Look back for pics of her.

House

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
PLlllffffff - quarantine - I stare in the face of risk -

Kidding, I have this little trick (or perhaps I have just been luck) where I treat them for an hour in the dark with greenex and melafix and then add a little protectcoat. Then, I introduce them into the tank and allow them to swim into it on thier own instead of pouring them in.

All seem very happy though, we'll see if my tangs are covered tomorrow. Kidding

Jim

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What's greenix? And what do you mean you let them swim into the tank on their own? You mean you let the water they're being treated in into your main tank? I know melafix is reef safe, is greenix (whatever it is.)

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
OK here she is in all her photo-shy glory

BJaw_1.jpg

BJaw_2.jpg

BJaw_3.jpg

BJaw_4.jpg

Dmitry - Greenex is reef safe BUT, I did kill a clam overdosing it once. It is made by the same company that makes Formalin II etc.

In terms of how I introduce them to the tank, by the time I have done the acclimation process, very little of the water it traveled in is going into my tank, so, I don't stress that either. As for the "letting them swim in themselves" - most people acclimate and then drop the fish in, WHat I do is slowly dump out water and let water into the container I am holding the fish in and each time, I lower the edge doen so that eventually I am virtually submerged in the tank. Eventaully, the fish figures out, that there is an exit behind them and they slowly peek out and swim out. I have found that this process doesn't send them shotting under the rocks although, I am sure it has to do with what kind of fish it is. My CBB swam out like he was in the tank for years, worked his way over to the rock, and immediately nipped out a bristle worm - I was so stoked.

Blue Jaw swam to the far corner and held there, slowly working further out - then my sailfin came over and slapped her around, so, she hid under the rocks - she was out a little today getting right into the mix with feeding Nori, so, I am not worried about her and being able to "hang" - Triggers, however, like Hippo Tangs, are known to hide when freaked.

Oh, she also was eating spiriluna flakes today, so I am guessing she will be fine.

Enjoy

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: