scotty

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
actully starting a tank at the prospect park zoo. a 90 gallon with 20 sump. 400 watt metal halide. I WILL START POSTING PICS BY THIS WEEKEND. the intial livestock is my entire tank at home fish corals and inverts. i cant afford to run it anymore so i guess work can pay for it. this tank is behind the scenes i will try to make an exhbit in the near future. oh and donations are welcome for any of u brooklynites that come to this zoo.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
scotty,

nice idea mate, does that mean the city will be buying the supplies ;)
if so can i get some carbon and a couple of tunze's haha jk. (wink)
won't you miss the tank at home? what if you set up a nano? that can't be too
much to run. I've seen some cool ones at lfs's

scotty

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yes the city will be paying for the tank now. after the dust settles i wil see if i want to do fish only (frogfish) or maybe a dwarf angel or break it sown completly. i will miss the tank but i am at work more than home. the carbon i must have like 20 # of haha. and chris ya the clam too.

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey scotty

sorry your losing you tank at home but at least you'll still get to see it everyday with paying for it. Anyway I do have some things I could donate please give me a call let me know what you need.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you might get to see your tank even more than if it was at home, plus you will be getting paid to keep your tank clean, sort of. not a bad deal :)
if you can get the zoo to chip in they had some intense looking frog fish at country critters, they were only 500 to 1000 (crazy) but they were beautifully ugly.

scotty

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i have been dying to get a frog fish that was the motivation of setting up a sump at home but i never finished it. as for it here at the zoo i mentioned it, if the first tank goes well maybe in a couple of years(things have to be planned for years)(annoying, it took a year and a half to get a piece of live rock here). i tried to get them into octopus but no go too small and short lived. and hopefully these pics work

Attachments

• Dsc00594.jpg
    Dsc00594.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Dsc00595.jpg
    Dsc00595.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Dsc00596.jpg
    Dsc00596.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Dsc00597.jpg
    Dsc00597.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: