jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
well, i bought the 65 that kris had, and then went out and bought a cheap metal stand. i painted the back of the tank with just a plain solid blue that i had left over from painting my 29. i wish i would have had the glitter too, i am going to miss it, but oh well, just means i have to make this one better. i added some salt and water today, and am waiting for it to fully dissolve. i will be adding all of the contents of my 29 gallon into this tank, and thats it :D well except for some new corals maybe. and then i am off to find a little baby black and white volitan :D

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yeah no glitter, but oh well. not a big deal. i just did not feel like driving to home depot last night and i wanted to get this thing started. i added about 45 gallons of water to it, and am going to fill it the rest of the way with the water in my 29.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Kris, when people give you things to help you out (like a 65gal tank), you shouldn't turn around and sell it for a profit. I understand that you went with a RR tank, but you should have given me the option to take the other 65gal back. Not that I would want to sell it, but there were other people that I would like to have given it to. Heck, if I knew Jennie was interested in it I would have given it to her.

I also felt what you did with Kasei's frags was wrong as well. He gave you a load of frags for free and you sold them and kept the cash. Something doesn't seem right to me about this ?????

I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm just letting you know how I feel.

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ok so the pics finally :D kris will be picking up sand for me at the midnight madness sale, so ignore the glass bottom :D

normal_coral%20321.jpg

normal_coral%20320.jpg

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
How are you loving the mexican turbo snail? Mine is busting my frags around.. Three of them at it.. Damn... What happen to your fishes? Hiding?

Nice and colorful zoos. I had to carried those sand for you in MM.. But it does look nicer in the tank now.

The tank look much better with the sand if you ask me.. More natual..

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i don't know what i would do without my turbos. i have 10 :D i had to combine my tanks livestock:D thefish are now with kris :D waiting to find a baby volitan. preferably black and white for this tank. so you had to carry the sand? well thank you, it does make the tank look nicer. reflects more light back up instead. i really like it though, and that is just 20lbs in there :)

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
well, i thought i would update my thread a bit. i want to add pictures but my husband took my camera to work and left it there so i have to wait till tomorrow evening

well, today i went with kris to pick up that free rock and corals. kris gave me most of the rock and some frags of the sps. really nice stuff i also bought a bunch of frags from the swap. got the purple bonsai from jim, and today it finally decided to show some polyps. still purple as can be, and the polyps being green really contrasts nicely. i got a purple nana from the auction, i think it came from vic. very nice coral i love the color on this one as well. yesterday i bought a tang. he is the sole inhabitant in the 65. it is a scopas tang, and boy is he a pig. went right to work on some macro i was growing oh well :D i will find some it does not like eventually. my clam is happy and healthy. from the side it is a beautiful purple with blue edge, and from above it is teal with a green edge. the inside part of the mantle is a silver/ gold color. very interesting.

i am still searching for the perfect lionfish. i want a baby black and white volitan, but have not yet found one. i thought about adding a mandarin since my pod population is out of control. sorta reminds me of jonathan's tank at the swap, all the pods scurrying around over all the rocks well, thats how mine are, they are not shy, crawl on my hands at times, which drives me nuts. but since i am getting the lion one day, i decided against the mandarin. well, hopefully tomorrow night i will be posting pics, just thought i would get this part out of the way

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
haha no it is totally different. my whole back wall is full of rocks. one was at least 30lbs on it's own. looks like a giant cactus, so basically my whole back wall is rocks. eventually i will change it so that they are all arranged nicer, but i was tired, i made it work for the corals. and knowing that when i am done with the remodel upstair, i will be moving up there, so i have to move my tank, so a good aquascape can wait :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: