Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Reefer Ratings: (14 (94%)
Friends: (35)
cono is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
My Bangai Cardinal finally died of old age. He has not eaten in over a month. He had a good life and is now in the big fishbowl in the sky.
Sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Paul B is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Hi Cono. He lived as long as he was supposed to so it is all good.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f30...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 PM
I will be building a tiny bathroom in the workshop of my new house and I was ordering a toilet bowl. I found the one I want but I am a little Leary because it is not allowed for sale in these countries:

This item has been restricted from sale in the following countries: Andorra, United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Albania, Armenia, Angola, Antarctica, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Barbados, Bangladesh, Belgium, Burkina-Faso, Bulgaria, Bahrain, Burundi, Benin, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bolivia, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba, Bahamas, Bhutan, Bouvet Islands, Botswana, Belarus, Belize, Cocos Islands, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Congo, Switzerland, Ivory Coast, Cook Islands, Chile, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cape Verde, Curacao, Christmas Island, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Djibouti, Denmark, Dominica, Algeria, Ecuador, Estonia, Egypt, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Spain, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Faroe Islands, France, Gabon, United Kingdom, Grenada, Georgia, French Guiana, Bailiwick of Guernsey, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guadeloupe, Equatorial Guinea, Greece, S. George & S. Sandwich Islands, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Hong Kong, Heard and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Croatia, Haiti, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Isle of Man, India, British Indian Ocean Territory, Iraq, Iran, Iceland, Italy, Bailiwick of Jersey, Jamaica, Jordan, Japan, Kenya, Kirghizia, Cambodia, Kiribati, Comoros, St. Kitts and Nevis, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Cayman Islands, Kazakhstan, Laos, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Liberia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Libya, Morocco, Monaco, Moldavia, Republic of Montenegro, Saint Martin, Madagascar, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Macedonia, Mali, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macau, Northern Mariana Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Montserrat, Malta, Mauritius, Maldives, Malawi, Malaysia, Mozambique, Namibia, New Caledonia, Niger, Norfolk Islands, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Netherlands, Norway, Nepal, Nauru, Niue Islands, New Zealand, Oman, Panama, Peru, French Polynesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pakistan, Poland, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Pitcairn Islands, Palestinian Territory, Portugal, Paraguay, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Republic of Serbia, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden, Singapore, Saint Helena, Slovenia, Svalbard, Slovakia, Sierra Leone, San Marino, Senegal, Somalia, Suriname, Republic of South Sudan, Sao Tome and Principe, El Salvador, Country of Sint Maarten, Syria, Swaziland, Turks and Caicos Islands, Chad, French Southern Territories, Togo, Thailand, Tajikistan, Tokelau Islands, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Tonga, Turkey, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Taiwan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Uganda, American Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, British Virgin Islands, Vietnam, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Western Samoa, Yemen, Mayotte, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Like REALLY! Is it me or does that seem like a lot of places where you can't buy this. I mean places like Futuna Islands, Mayotte, Bailiwick of Guernsey, Burkina-Faso, Djibouti. Like whats the problem in those places? Not that I ever heard of any of them.

Instead of listing all that, why don't they just say: This item is only available in Bayonne New Jersey on a Tuesday between 2:00 and 2:15

Last edited by Paul B; 11-14-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Old 11-15-2017, 01:25 PM
onight I am making my wife one of these because she hasn't been feeling very good. I myself don't like lobsters because my family had a sea food business and I used to have to eat the lobsters that died in the store so I am sick of them. (you can't sell dead lobsters) My Mother made them every way possible. Peanut butter and lobster sandwiches, Ham and lobster, lobster with Cheerios, Deviled lobster, Grilled cheese and lobster, and my favorite chocolate chip ice cream with lobster sauce.
I am making myself grilled cod steaks.
So we went shopping this morning at the Supermarket. In Supermarkets I get that "Supermarket look" where I am in a trance and counting the seconds to when we get out. I probably also have my eyes rolled back in my head.
Supermarkets are not Man places but my wife needs some help so I go with her.
My wife has to go down every aisle even if she just needs milk. Us Men shop differently. If I need to pop in to a store (which rarely happens unless it is a chain saw or cro bar store) For something quick like that black paint bald people put on their heads to make it look like they have hair, and in my case the roller to apply it. I just go to that section without looking at anything else except for the free tiny pieces of cheese on toothpicks that they sometimes give out as samples. I pick that paint up and find the quickest way to the cashier, and if there is a line, I put it back and leave as I don't do lines.

Anyway.

As we were going down one aisle my wife was busy reading the ingredients on something boring because she needs to know the salt, carbs, calories, fat and just about everything else and in my stupor this middle aged woman comes up to me and starts talking. At first I thought she knew me but she didn't look familiar. That doesn't mean too much to me because I have a lousy memory for faces, names, places or numbers so she could have been my sister, but I don't have one. She continued talking to me but I didn't quite know what she was talking about and her sentences didn't seem to go together, so I smiled and said something like, "Oh, thats too bad or OMG thats great". I don't remember. But she was looking right at me and saying things that didn't seem to have anything to do with me or anything familiar. Then she walked right past me like I wasn't even there and continued talking. I assumed she was nuts until I realized that she had one of those stupid bluetooth things in her ear and was talking to someone else. Probably her Psychiatrist. I mean aren't people embarrassed to walk around in public speaking out loud so everyone can hear them! That drives me nuts, especially when they are looking right at you.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:44 AM
I think it's going to be hard to move all the sponges I have growing in my tank as there are more sponges than anything else. The blue one is about 18" across even though I keep trimming it and there are white sponges 8 or 9" long in the caves. I think the sponges are the best filters and I am sure all my water goes through a sponge a few times a day. My water stays crystal clear even though I add clams which are loaded with juice almost every day which is probably why the sponges grow so well.
My 4 pipefish are doing very well and the bluestripes are still spawning even though they are well past their supposed age which is only a few years old. I don't remember how old they are. My Janss and dragon face are also real good and after I move I would like to get mates for them, if they don't croak in transit that is.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Very hard to get a picture of this guy.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Eating some white worms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2r8D1T4dCw
Old 11-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
gobywon is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Hey Paul,
Do the pipe fish eat the white worms or anything other than the live baby brine and
Pods????
Old 11-18-2017, 08:02 PM
I have never seen a pipefish eat a worm. I am not sure why. They eat pods, brine shrimp and small mysis.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE2AZe1KzZQ

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/42316-tank-reached-38-years-old-2009-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Forum Krzysia - Index This thread Refback 10-07-2014 07:44 PM
How many years can a tank last? This thread Refback 09-26-2012 11:52 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Community This thread Refback 04-25-2011 09:08 AM
Paul Baldassano’s 40 year old Reef tankMajano Wand This thread Pingback 04-13-2011 12:35 AM
Manhattan Reefs - Aquarium Fish Longevity This thread Refback 04-12-2011 07:25 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards This thread Refback 01-15-2010 02:16 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards This thread Refback 03-06-2009 10:54 PM
How many years can a tank last? - Saltwaterfish.com Message Boards This thread Refback 03-06-2009 10:44 PM
Manhattan Reefs This thread Refback 01-31-2009 08:16 PM
nice fish! - CVR Forums! This thread Refback 06-13-2008 01:46 PM
nice fish! - CVR Forums! This thread Refback 06-12-2008 09:00 PM
nice fish! - CVR Forums! This thread Refback 06-12-2008 05:46 PM