Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Lool who I found hiding in a rock. He is cool and is welcome here.
IMG_0651.jpg

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
nice! i hope to reach that with some of my guys! do u know where i can go to find the life span on fish?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am having wierd occurances when I zap mojanos. It seems that I have more amphipods than I thought because whenever I zap a mojano, I see one or two amphipods running out of the holes near the mojano. But the wierd thing is that these stomatella, or shelless snails, seem to be atttracted to the zapper.
I didn't even know I had so many of these stomatella's but almost everywhere I zap, one of these "snails" comes practically running towards the commotion. They stop just before the mojano that is getting zapper and try to touch it with their antenna.
They don't like the feel of it as they pull back their antenna but they stay right there next to it and "hang out".
This happens about half the times I zap something.
I can't explain it. I am not sure if they are attracted to the electricity of the hydrogen gas.
Also those banded tentacles that you see sticking out of the holes which are mostly brittle stars, reach out to grab pieces of destroyed mojano. It seems that they only like to eat them after they are cooked as they never touch the living mojanos.
You can see a stomatella just under the chromis, he came out to "watch me zap a mojano right where he is
IMG_0726.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am not much of a swap person, I don't think I ever went to one.
They didn't have those years ago and I guess I never had the opportunity to go.
I was invited to speak once in California and DC and after I did my thing there was a swap.
I am also not a member of anything. I guess I am not a joiner. I don't belong to any aquarium organizations so I don't get invited.
My wife and I are in a large crowd of people we are great friends with all of our lives so most of our time is accounted for one way or another.
I am never around on weekends as I am always boating but one day I will get to one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: