237   0   0
Thanks Tobin!!!!

Picture973.jpg

Picture972.jpg

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
dom have you ever ordered the adult brine shrimp ? or tried to raise it past being in the baby stage ? got some of the large from foster and smith, my fish as well as my seahorse went nuts for it. going to and try to keep them growing or raising them in a little tank with a airpump and sponge, adding phyto in and some secon soaked in the phyto

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I actually used some enriched adult brine today for Ming's baby Banggaiis and my seahorses. It's not my usual practice though. I prefer selcon soaked frozen mysis. For a live treat I add small grass shrimp or egg carrying adults I catch to the tank. Also about once a month I buy live mysis from Paul Sachs.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
my one past the other day, he wouldnt eat nothing frozen, the other swims to the trough when i get near the tank and has been since day 2, so thats a good sign, i also go catch pods and throw thse in the tank for it also, but never seen it swim after food till i put the adult brine in today

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the one that lived has been eating frozen pe mysis and i usually once or twice week soak it in selcon, the brine if i can figure out how to keep it alive i will just dump a ton of it in the tank

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
A few years ago I treated some of my seahorses with Furan 2. I added BBS for food and literally in a week I had a tank full of adult brine. I never looked into the ingredients to see what the shrimp were eating but it was crazy. :splitspin

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
UPDATE:

I moved all of the tropical strays out of the tank with the exception of one pilot fish (haven't caught him yet), lizard fish and snake head. Since I decreased the bioload the cyano has stopped growing on the sand and has been dying off of the rocks. I am going to be doing a major water change this weekend and syphoning out as much of the cyano as possible. I don't have to feed the tank as much since I removed the pilots so that also helps.

The macro algae I got from Tobin is growing like crazy and the seahorses and pipefish love it. I'll post updated pics after I clean up the tank this weekend.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Hey Dom, looks awesome - was this seahorse collected locally? I love the cirri on him!

Thanks Andrew! Yes it was locally collected. They are all doing awesome. Keeping the tank between 68-70 degrees has proven to be a big key for the seahorses and pipefish. I've had good luck with them before at 75 degrees but at these temperatures they seem much more active and healthier and I'm hoping they will live much longer.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
These don't look like Reidi's, but if they have fry I would love to try my hand at them! How many do you have?

Thanks Andrew! Yes it was locally collected. They are all doing awesome. Keeping the tank between 68-70 degrees has proven to be a big key for the seahorses and pipefish. I've had good luck with them before at 75 degrees but at these temperatures they seem much more active and healthier and I'm hoping they will live much longer.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Looking Good Dom, Mine Seems More Active At Lower Temps Also, I Keep The Tank At Around 74, And Since I Feed It Spirula Brine Shrimp It Wont Eat Anything Else And Literally Chase The Food Around The Tank, Slowly Is Learning To Eat From The Dropper Also, Need To Get A Mate For Mine

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: