rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I actually like the algae...b/c since everything is so new, the algae covers the rock, and makes it look full and real....otherwise there is to much bare rock w/out color or life. And the green algae is a great contrast to the RBTA.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
My RBTA and Clown again. I used the envelope as a way to judge size. The envelope is 9.5" long, which puts the anemone at about 11"-12".
I keep moving corals out of its way, and it keeps expanding.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
Matt...I have 2 filter socks...but the water seems to fill up the socks, and then pour into the sump w/out going through the socks...and yes, the noise is in the overflow...Ive made it quite before, but when I change things around(i mean in the overflow) the noise comes back...noise isnt really an issue, its temporary...also, I want complete silence, so any noise is to much. I hate that I can hear the vortech(which is a minor sound, it still bothers me)

rook i just thought of somthing. if you extend your drain further into the filter sock, it would help. also you are aware that you need to change your filter socks every 2 days right?

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
sorry if anybody has asked this already,
but im curious as to why there is gravel in the sump?

IMO detritus will get stuck in the gravel with time.

btw very nice :)

Last edited:

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
wow nice fish. Hows the lobster treating your tank? I read some places say its reef safe others dont recommend it.

Has it bothered any of your corals? Looks real cool.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
My eel finaly decide to swim around alittle.
I added the eel 2 days ago. It appears to be approx. 15"

IMG_0477.jpg

My new Wrasse(approx. 5")(Picture taken with actinics and camera flash only):
IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Eel has not eaten anything in the two days it has been here...the shrimp even walked up to it and cleaned it....touching the eel's mouth....also, I think the eel is way to small to eat the shrimp/crabs, they are signifigantly bigger than the eel's mouth

Also, Im alright with losing any inverts...I also keep aanywere form a few to a hundred glass shrimp in the tank, for everything to munch on, but mainly for the angler and the eel(that is now atleast)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: