Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
My new Acan(about 4"x4") I've counted about 100 polyps
There appear to be a few different "morphs" on this colony, but all are gorgeous, Pictures dont do it justice.
The purple is the begining of a larger base for it to rest on, and grow...

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Actinic Shots:
IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

Night time shot:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

what kind of clay is under the acans? did u put it there for the colony to extend? where can i get some from? And the tank is coming out nice!

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Tank was moved on 4/28/09
There has been alot of die off, and all rocks were moved...
I will post new pics when things are looking alittle better, and tank is looking decent.
Wish me luck. I lost most of my chalices,and most of my SPS

JRWOHLER

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tank was moved on 4/28/09
There has been alot of die off, and all rocks were moved...
I will post new pics when things are looking alittle better, and tank is looking decent.
Wish me luck. I lost most of my chalices,and most of my SPS

Bummer dude hope everyting else comes back to you.
Nice fishy

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I just pick up a FLIPVIDEO HD camcorder....this thing is cool!
Total plug and play operation, and video editing is easy with this all in one setup(I happen to be playing music while I made the video, so the music was actually on while I recorded, I didnt add it afterwards).
I made a 4:50 minute video of my tank, it is recovering from the move nicely...this is 1 month after I moved the entire setup.
This was my first attempt to use this new camcorder, please no bashing my ability, or lack there of.
I hope you enjoy :)

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii62/schlanger0/Fish%20Coral%20Tank/?action=view&current=VID00007.flv
Quality on photobucket is terrible...anyone know a way to upload a HD video and have the resolution remain in HD?

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
PurpleTang: You need to read threads. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that you have asked me questions that were clearly answered in previous posts. In this case, the Tank specs are listed in the Original post for this thread, 3rd line.

I am not trying to be mean, just trying to inform you of this tendency.

PS. Thank you for your compliments

Last edited:

Dlefty

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I just came upon this post! Incredible tank, I want to upgrade my 65G tank to about 90, 120, or 150....

Very nice setup...

Do you find the overflow being in the center a drawback?

Is the hood (if you call it that) a problem that Oceanic supplies you with a problem? I notice you've switched hoods in the latest post.

I love the blue throat trigger you have until about April. What happened to him? Was the fish reef compatible?

Great post!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: