premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey soo i am really hyped to get my JBJ 28 gal that i am picking up tonight from 1ucky.

i am planning on taking everything from

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...-hex-tank.html
and putting it in the jbj. i want to keep some Australian Black Clowns- Thanks DrCooper for the inspiration :birthday:
I just have some concerns that hopefully you reefers can help me with

should i put in the koralias for more flow?

will there be enough room for maybe an anemone that the clowns can host?

there isnt enough room in my hex for one.. hex vs cube, the cube will have alot more area. the hex is 29 gals, the cube is 28 gals...IDK!!

what do all u master reef keepers think?

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under Metal Halide, 14K lighting

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

Moonlight..looks the same to me lol. my hex tank is right next to it, which is running another 150 mh 14k bulb could be the reason

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

i guess i can say the tank is cycling, although the tank was running when i bought it..

how long do you guys think the tank will cycle?

when should i put in my LR from my hex?

will that cause spikes?

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks lenny for the reply. how long do you think i should wait before i add any livestock(zoas from my hex)? the rock is coming straight from my hex, the sand came from the original owner. the tank was running when i got it..the sand sat for a day in a bucket with water. the sand was not dry at any point. I got new water from a LFS. RO water i think he used reef crystals salt. I also took 5.5 gallons of the original water the tank was running with..

i also got these from Ocean Gallery

clowns007.jpg

not in my possession, probably going to pick up this weekend, if not def next weekend. i was going to put them in my hex until the jbj situates. i am going to put the rock from my hex in right now. I will test water before i do so. So far i got my pH test looks like 7.4 idk i am going to run again and post with the new test results.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
As long as your water test good you should be ready for livestock. Since your using live sand and live rock from an established tank you should not have much of a cycle. Just keep testing your water and you should be good. :)

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lennnnny is the man! thanks. i am going to post pics before 1 am if anyone is interested. i just moved all my zoas off my LR and man are they pissed. they are sitting in the hex on some EC. taking a 5 min breather to stretch my neck then back to aqua scaping.

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i finished almost 25 mins ago, walked the dog, snapped a few pics.. i already decided on an all zoa tank, a pair of clowns, and most likely a frog spawn.oh and a goby of some sort. here are some pics of the aqua scaping. i am prob going to keep it this way idk imgoing to have to sleep on it. the rock isnt touching any of the sides of the tank. there are a good 8 caves inside the middle. i made some mini caves for a goby. i decided to place the rocks this way since i have a bunch of zoas i figured flat surfaces would be good for development and expansion, JMO

sorry for the pics i took them in a rush i am so sleepy. it took me close to 3 hours to move rock from my hex, and place it in the nano to my liking.

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051-1.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

anyone else have micro bubbles? why do i have them ? is it bc of my return pumps?

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Love the aquascape! Those clowns will do great in your tank!
Keep up the pics as I will be following your thread!

As for your previous question about an anemone, i added a small bubble tip anemone I picked up from WWOF and as it grows I am hoping the clowns will host it.
Added a tailspot blenny last night which I pray he does well!

I add some pics on my thread if your interested

All the best

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys think that my tank will go through a cycle? if so how long?

the LR was from my hex that has been running, and the LS was from the person who i bought the jbj from, which was also running. i kept the sand wet, in a bucket that had water to the top, for one night. the next night i just put everything in and added SW from a LFS who used RO water. I also took 5.5 gallons of water from 1ucky, he sold me the tank , water was right out of the jbj before i took it home..

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man thanks for your input. the tank is looking great i really enjoy it best investment i ever made! thanks for the sale man. did you pick up your cube yet? lol is your son still being a lil baddass haha hows your 180 doing?

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
hey man thanks for your input. the tank is looking great i really enjoy it best investment i ever made! thanks for the sale man. did you pick up your cube yet? lol is your son still being a lil baddass haha hows your 180 doing?

No problem! I picked up the cube on Tuesday with the help of Ernie (ECFENCING) and a good cousin of mine. It's currently sitting in my living room till I get all the plumbing and re-painting done this weekend. The 180 is doing good; I'm going to be removing a lot of the live rocks this weekend possibly to create more space. As for my little guy, he's still running around being a little bad boy:tongue1:....

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! I picked up the cube on Tuesday with the help of Ernie (ECFENCING) and a good cousin of mine. It's currently sitting in my living room till I get all the plumbing and re-painting done this weekend. The 180 is doing good; I'm going to be removing a lot of the live rocks this weekend possibly to create more space. As for my little guy, he's still running around being a little bad boy:tongue1:....

what are you going to do with all that rock? there was so much in that container!

do you think i am doing anything wrong with the nano? when would be the appropriate time to add my zoas?

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
what are you going to do with all that rock? there was so much in that container!

do you think i am doing anything wrong with the nano? when would be the appropriate time to add my zoas?

I'll sell/trade some of the rock away once I re-aquascape the 180 and aquascape the 120g...As for the nano, keep monitoring the water for at least another week to 2 weeks before you add the livestock....

premilove

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are my test results.

Salinity - 1.025
pH - 8.0
Nitrites - 0 ppm
Ammonia - 0 ppm I had a ammonia reading last night of .25 ppm, but that was right after i transferred my LR from my hex, so i guess its reasonable.
Nitrates - close to 20 ppm

i didnt test for anything else. I came to the conclusion for the micro bubbles. heres a pic

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

why is it doing this? how are my test results?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: