Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
There is nothing holding the left side, it's a cantilever design. The bottom rock is over 100 lbs and there is a nylon treaded rod through the center of the rocks on the right. I got the idea from a tank on reefcentrals forum.

what stand do you have the tank on, did you get the company stand?

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
what's holding up the platform on the left side of the tank? it looks like it's floating on air.

i got the same tank except i had the overflow custom made by the center of the back wall. it's been up for 6 months but i'm not done with the aquascaping yet. adding additional 140lbs of rocks. plus it's still running a temporary light and canopy. here's a shot of the tank...note through the wall "show" refugium.:biggrin:

Did you make that stand or did you purchase from different company?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Did you make that stand or did you purchase from different company?

when i purchased the tank, there was no sample of the stand for me to look at. plus since the overflow is custom made we weren't sure of whether or not the plumbing locations may be compromised with the factory stand. also one of my buddies is quite handy with wood working. he made all his own stand and canopy, etc. he's an engineer so all structures are overbuilt:tank:....rather err on the safe side. it's built like a brick sh*t house. 2x6's top frame, double vertical supports at each corner, and reinforced 1/2" oak skin. my stand can probably hold up the delivery truck the tank came in.
he also will be making the canopy once all the lighting decisions are finalized.

Attachments

• P9270401a.jpg
    P9270401a.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 84

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: