chrishew09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty new to the forum, but I got my tank drilled, plumbed and filled this weekend and so far I'm happy. It's a AGA 36 Corner Bow, made my own stand and I bought a super nano overflow and return from www.glass-holes.com. Couldn't have been easier to drill and plumb, I recomend these guys to anyone thats looking to drill for an overflow, good quality stuff.

It's not in the pics but I have a sump a friend gave me. At the moment the system is running and I have my black moon sand as a substrate.
Haven't salted it yet right now it's just fresh water need to buy a Hydrometer and some salt this week.

Still far from complete need to by a lamp, circulator, heater, skimmer and other bits and peices.

This isn't my first tank I have had fresh water for a number of years, got tired of fresh sold everything and now I'm kicking myself for selling some items, like heater and some fill hoses.

I'll have better pics as I go.

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Attachments

• Picture 004 resized.jpg
    Picture 004 resized.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 423
  • Picture 003 resized.jpg
    Picture 003 resized.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 420

chrishew09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
etss sump buddy 40, i wouldnt have used any sand from a fw set-up you never dosed any chemicals did you ? or treat anything, hate to see you start to fail
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/sale-trade/50082-etss-sump-buddy-40-f-s.html

I had my reservations to use that sand but it's been unused in a sealed container for a few months, plus I never used chemicals in my freshwater tank it was a pretty light load and over filtered. I never like to use chemical if I can help it.

I'll have to pass on the skimmer dont think it will fit in my sump.

chrishew09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it salted 2 weeks ago, and a heater in it, here are some pics of my sump.
Just ordered my light and koralia 2, and some other small things should have them early next week!!

Attachments

• 6 resized.jpg
    6 resized.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 07 resized.jpg
    07 resized.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 185

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
to my knowledge I believe you are using a wet and dry and not a sump is that correct? It seems like you are taking things real slow which is very good keep it up, patience is a great successor in this hobby.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
I really dont know but I believe that wet/dry have bioballs whereas sumps dont and I heard that bioballs are magnet atractors for nitrite but then again i really dont know since i dont have a sump nor wetdry

chrishew09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to my knowledge I believe you are using a wet and dry and not a sump is that correct? It seems like you are taking things real slow which is very good keep it up, patience is a great successor in this hobby.
Yeah, I'm in no rush it's a winter project of mine since it's to cold to play paintball. I've done freshwater for a number of years so I appreciate the patience need to have a successful build.
I will admit that I am getting tired of see a dark empty tank sitting in my kitchen. I really want some live stock!!
Maybe next weekend I'll get something.........:tongue1:

autoponicz