ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
After being harrassed for months..:splitspin...I have finally been able to show you my tank. Please bare with my photo taking skills as I literally just took the gift that I got my wife for christmas yesterday.. a new camera and started snapping shots...I hope to get a tripod and a better flash..well her birthday is coming up...:tongue1:
The tank below is a 210 aga that is just a hair under 4 months old. There are approximately 55 various frags predominantly sps..with an occasional softy here and there which came from my original tank that still resides in my office. The rest where aquired as frags and I am looking foward to growing them out. As you can see I have quite a few large fish including a crosshatch which I have had for some time.
I would like to thank many of the mr members as well as the vendors for supplying me with some really great pieces. Thank you, Bigsink, faviafreak, ming, moidol, lazibonez, kewlfish, aaron23, dr mac, ocean gallery, and autoponicz.
My wife already told me that my pictures were horrible...oh well...she said she would take them next time..In the meantime enjoy...and I look foward to a six month update...

Attachments

• DSC_0482.jpg
    DSC_0482.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSC_0483.jpg
    DSC_0483.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 953
  • DSC_0484.jpg
    DSC_0484.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 973
  • DSC_0508.jpg
    DSC_0508.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 951
  • Persefoni's Fish Pix 055.jpg
    Persefoni's Fish Pix 055.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 969
  • Persefoni's Fish Pix 018.jpg
    Persefoni's Fish Pix 018.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 960
  • Persefoni's Fish Pix 070.jpg
    Persefoni's Fish Pix 070.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 958
  • DSC_0515.jpg
    DSC_0515.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 962
  • Persefoni's Fish Pix 056.jpg
    Persefoni's Fish Pix 056.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 947
  • Persefoni's Fish Pix 003.jpg
    Persefoni's Fish Pix 003.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 941
  • DSC_0495.jpg
    DSC_0495.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 941
  • DSC_0501.jpg
    DSC_0501.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,381
  • DSC_0504.jpg
    DSC_0504.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 935
  • Persefoni's Fish Pix 022.jpg
    Persefoni's Fish Pix 022.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 929
  • DSC_0485.jpg
    DSC_0485.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 942
  • DSC_0509.jpg
    DSC_0509.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 935
  • DSC_0513.jpg
    DSC_0513.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 869

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Thank you.....all...:splitspin You know reefman I have had this blueface for almost 2 years and although she destroyed my zoos and dendros...I cant part with her...she has a lot of character...and in this tank I feed the hell out of her....;o)..she has been good...but hey you never know....thanks again for the download help...:birthday:

thanks m'akoyPinoy the rbta actually started as one 6" and now is three!!! this thing is growing like crazy....I feed all three every week....:splitspin..I want a rose wall....lol

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 540161" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>autoponicz</TD><TD class=alt1>cool...finally see some pics of your setup.....its looking good thane....now just need time for them to grow out....and wow 4 vortechs! and some great lighting </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ty ...buddy...:splitspin...trust me it needs the flow...now i need some months to go by....this will be nice...thanks again...

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 540178" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>lazibonez</TD><TD class=alt1>Wow. Looks good Thane. I cant wait to see those frags becomes colonies. Nice collection! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks allan...:splitspin...you took the words out of my mouth...I hope my frags grow to look like yours my friend.!!! Can you spot your frags...:bablefish....cant wait to up the led actinic...

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 540195" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>MOIDOL</TD><TD class=alt1>Beautiful tank and set up love the crosshatch!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thank you buddy....he is my tank enforcer...he keeps the tangs in check...dont laugh but the blotchy and him swim together...it is hysterical...

Last edited:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 540226" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>Awibrandy</TD><TD class=alt1>Nice! And your pics are better then mine.;) So don't knock your self.. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Thanks....:splitspin..I thought it would be easier.....

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 540234" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>regal</TD><TD class=alt1>Nice tank. Can you tell us more about your choice of equipments?(lighting/skimmer/reactor etc)

Regal...the system consists of the following

210 aga dual overflow...
custom lifereef sump that holds roughly 45 gallons off water
20 gallon refugium...7 inch sandbed and chaeto...lit by melevs 5100 k bulb
1 blueline70 runs return(changing to sequence when it expires)
250 lbs of various live and eco rock.
mtc pro calcium reactor with large arm media
1 large geo reactor running bulk reef rox carbon
1 large geo reactor running bulk reefs pellet gfo
5' venturi skimmer from lifereef....will be running ozone thru this in the near future.
1 blueline70 runs the skimmer(changing to sequence when expires)
4 mp40w vortech pumps
3 lumen bright 250 watt pendants, coralvue ballasts, 12k reeflux bulbs
2 25watt Purple Figi t'5s
2 25watt supper actinic
1 dual stage autotoppoff controller.
1 Xlarge midwest sulfur denitrator

Right now I am in the process of tying all three of my tanks together...a 125, 70 and this 210 together...will be changing the sump to a much larger system...Secondly playing with some led actinic supplementation and also looking into a second skimmer for the system.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
What a great tank!!
Love the mix of fish you have in there and your aquascaping looks very nice also! I agree with Awilda, you did pretty good on the pics :)

Best of luck with the tank!!

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 540342" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>KathyC</TD><TD class=alt1>What a great tank!!
Love the mix of fish you have in there and your aquascaping looks very nice also! I agree with Awilda, you did pretty good on the pics :)

Best of luck with the tank!!

Thank you KathyC....It wasnt easy...now I respect photography a lot more...:splitspin...Thanks again for your kind words..

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Thanks oceanrealm...the rbta's started as 1 6" and now are 3....I gave them pretty much the whole left side of the tank and...so far they stay put...they get blasted with light and i feed them every week....:splitspin they move a couple inches(3-6) either way but pretty much stay put.....If they start moving im in real trouble....

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
thanks aaron....:splitspin...appreciate it...do you see your big monti in the picture...:bablefish. I am going to get a tripod and mess around some more...I think at this point i need to let my tank mature. I want to take pics every month to monitor growth...Thanks again buddy..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: