tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
good luck =( Glasscages is the cheapest for the quality your going to get. Quality wise, your gonna pay for what you get at miracles and any other tank maker. Glasscages is more of a conveyor belt process in their tank making. They are able to charge less than other companies just due to the sheer amount of tanks they produce compared to the other more custom tank builders.

Is the tank for you?

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Alex I think the shipping to NY is about $300 to $400 at least that's what the quote was from AO.

I have a glasscages tank and if I were to do it again I would save some additional $'s and get a miracles tank or possibly Aquarium Obsessed in that order but since my tank is inwall to me glasscages is ok for now.

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I am willing to spend the money, that is not my issue with glasscages. I think glasscages is overpriced for the product you receive.

I have gotten a few quotes already..

Looks like my major problem is the shipping or freight in this case.

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well, if anyone is up to it, and does not want to charge up the A##, I am looking for a 20 X 20 X 20 Tank with Nicely Pulled off euro bracing. This is for personal use, so I want it as clean as possible.

strendo

Rating - 95.2%
40   2   0
I've had a custom 175 made from Aquarium Obsessed and a custom 40G made from Miracles. Here's my thoughts on both (both tanks were starfire on the viewing panels):

-Both had decent shipping rates and the crates were made well.
-Miracles had cleaner silicone work (I had black on both)
-The overflow on the AO tank was nicer.
-Both builders beveled the edges of their tanks
-AO builds a 2" glass brace on the inside of their tanks. It probably makes them a bit stronger, but really makes a big difference with water splashing out and fishes jumping.
-Miracles was aprox 10% cheaper when I had both places quote my last tank
-Miracles was also extremely fast: 2 weeks vs 7 weeks.
-Both had good customer service.

Here's links to both tanks:
AO:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCOyq34SBwPqIXA&feat=directlink

Miracles:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n-Y1p-e4xvRFrXSpukRrOA?feat=directlink

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: