Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Vodka is a chemical that requires a timely dosing schedule.. I think I got it down now.. This is a new inhabitant in the beast also.. I never seen juvis this small changing and it's eating well there is one left where I got it from..

Attachments

• juvi jestic.jpg
    juvi jestic.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Vodka sucks... Switching to vinegar and kalk drip.. Now I have to get the dosing right on this one.. Denitrifier was 10 times easier and much safer having the carbon dosing done in a reactor and having that flush 4 times a day.. Just costly on the liquid maybe I'll try using vodka as a substitute for methanol in a few months after I see how the vinegar does..

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Vinegar and Kalk is doing the trick.. Oh yeah here's some fts's..

Attachments

• IMG_2163.JPG
    IMG_2163.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
In the beginning of the thread it talks about my prototype PM(precision marine) calcium reactor.. There are only a few around.. Made to last a really long time, but were too expensive for mass production..
I used a Natureef denitrifier for years and tried vodka(no good for SPS), Vinegar and Kalk seems to be the best for sps sytems trying remain low nutrient with large feeding habits..

tjake68

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
did u get that tank from Dennise that is our old underwater creations tank i have the other one and the 3 tier system that goes with it come by exotic aquarium on cropsey ave i built that setup years ago TODD

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: