saucz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's not much but this is the beginnings of an attempt at SW! Most of what you see is from a previous FW tank i had. Gave away all the fish and started fresh as of 2 Sundays ago. It's not much but it'll grow. I have a Tek hood on it's way that i should be getting around wed. That's 16lbs of LR and 10 lbs of CC in a 20L. HOB filter and 150W heater. Like i said it's not much but it's a start! Also, this pic is from a phone and it's crappy so i'll be posting up better ones later. Just thought i'd share.

Attachments

• Photo_10.jpg
    Photo_10.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 137
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Welcome to MR ,,,as you see ,,out gos the crushed coral,get some good fine sand ,
nice start ,,good luck onthe SW tank ,

saucz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of gettin rid of the crushed coral but since everyone else is tellin me to keep it :lol:

yea, that's my next planned purchase. Question about that though, i'm thinking how am i gonna go about that. should i just try to scoop out as much as I can with my hands or just take everything out and restart... the latter sounds like such a pain in the ass and more money...

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
inkblue said:
you may have to reStart... sad to saY... BUT save the water. try not to distuRb the cc so you can reuse sediment-free saltwater... :)

LOL...don't listen to Ink; there should not be much to disturb in a 2 week old tank. Just remove as much as you can. Adding sand will be more of a pain, since it'll cloud your water until bacteria settles on the sand particles.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Well, I think he have not fish, snail, invert in there now. So there really shouldn't be any crap in there now. Didn't you glad you posted here? Now you can correct the CC you have and get a better start. :)

saucz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea there's nothing in there right now so it's not that big a deal. I think i'll just take out the crushed coral tonight and leave it barebottom till i get the sand. Sounds problem free right?

S

steveo32

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:banghead: serenity now.... :sleepy:[/QUOTE] try oooochie mama lol

saucz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, i meant to ask, does everyone here have their LR leaning on the back of the tank? What are the chances of the glass breaking cuz of too much weight on the back?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: