P-DUBS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey all I have been on these boards and in the hobby for about a little over a year now (Saltwater) i have done freshwater tanks all of my life. And my freshwater background was from snorkeling in lakes and fishing when i was younger. Then one day I discovered all of these fish communities online it began with a Fly fishing community that dedicated their times to tying flies and catching fish and posting them on the web and this is where the hobby got much better as i was able to share with others. This is a link to one of my better days fly fishing all wild Brook trout on my own tied fly http://orbitvisual.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=photos&action=display&thread=781 I can't believe that was only three years ago. Well just to let you know, the Brook trout are gone from a hot summer, some of the young ones may have survived, but only time will tell.

But I find it interesting that many of us are drawn towards fish, almost kind of an obession. We go to great lengths just to observe and recieve some sort of enjoyment. It really is an amazing thing.

But once i was introduced to Reefing and Photography/Macro Photograph. I new i found something really interesting This is by far the most gratifying thing to observe and photograph. Living corals. saltwater Fish communities/associations as in the fish themselves in the tanks not us =P. The Current. But anyways heres my tank.

Welcome to P-DUBS Tank.

sg106369.jpg

My Tank :

The tank was started in Mid September 2008 and has been very good for me. Mostly everything was courtesy of Manhattan reef sponsers or members, some fish were from my local LFS. Once all the equipment broke in and the tank cycled i started adding things very slowly. Water changes are done every 1 -2 weeks parameters are pretty stantard. I dont have a current FTS yet but i am sure you will enjoy the images.

20Gallon Long Aqueon - Display between 15-17.5g in tank AIO sump 2.5-5g
Tunze Nano Skimmer
CurrentUSA Sundial 4x24w T5 Using mix of high end bulbs
Ecotech Marine Vortech MP20
Maxijet Submersible Pump
JBJ AutoTopoff
36lbs of LR

Initial Setup/Design Pics (Penducter was removed, and koralia one also removed in exchange for Vortech)

Coral Inhabitants :

Acans, Micromussa, Duncans, Blastomussa, some nice SPS, Some random nice zoos, a big brain.

Some Macro Shots:

sg106365.jpg

sg106546.jpg

sg106379.jpg

sg106378.jpg

Aussie Corals
sg106556.jpg

Fish(From oldest to newest)

Red-headed Goby ([FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Elacatinus puncticulatus[/FONT])
sg106382.jpg

ClownFish (Can someone ID him?)
sg106331.jpg

Yellow Coris Wrasse ([FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Halichoeres chrysus)[/FONT]

Pair of Sharknose Gobies (Also need help on ID of these)
sg106554.jpg

Well thanks for checking this out I would love your feedback and hope you like my effort.

Also any advice on adding more Live Rock to your system , and i also have a bunch of room for rubble in my sump/fuge.

Thanks Enjoy!
:splitspin

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: